Some interesting reads about MBB...

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by kentkel, Oct 31, 2007.

1. kentkel

kentkel Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Male
    Teacher
    Grinnell
    If these have been posted before - I apologize in advance. If not, enjoy the reading!

This story is about the depth of the team:
    ISU Depth

This story is about Lucca's situation:
    Lucca
    I found this quote interesting:
    "I'm not sure every NCAA rule is applicable in every situation; I think this is one of those times where it's not," ISU coach Greg McDermott said. "Virtually every kid in Europe has been part of one of these clubs. To wave a wand and say that these two happen to be ineligible doesn't make a lot of sense to me."

This story is about Jiri's injury:
    Hubalek

Despite the disheartening situation with Lucca & the temporary setback with Jiri, I am totally PUMPED for basketball!! The season couldn't have gotten here fast enough!!

2. mustangcy

mustangcy Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Bloomfield
    Brakins is a five-star recruit who McDermott said has proved a very athletic player and the most consistent rebounder on the roster.

I find that very interesting...in a very good way!

3. CyinCo

CyinCo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Engineer
    Clive, IA
    Poeple train don't run outta Wichita...

4. Oldgeezer

Oldgeezer Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Waukon, Iowa
    I thought it made sense to move Wesley to off guard before the Lucca suspension, based on experience and given the depth in the front court. If they find a consistant PG, I think this team will surprise some of the "experts."

5. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    The whole situation just breaks your heart. Good luck Lucca.

6. tim_redd

tim_redd Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Ankeny
    I am not outraged because something bad happened to Cyclone Basketball. I am outraged because two kids who did all the right things received a ridiculous punishment for something that was out of their control.

7. HILLCYD

HILLCYD Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    I personally am outrated on both accounts. It has been said before, but if this happens to Duke, Kansas, or North Carolina, the rule would be changed so fast our heads would spin.