SOLD

Discussion in 'Football' started by JonDMiller, Dec 20, 2008.

1. JonDMiller

JonDMiller Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Wow. What a press conference.

I love it when people realize their dreams, and being an Iowan, I always love it when people that really want to come home get that opportunity.

That couldn't have been any better. I am sure that many of you are pretty darned excited about this, and you should be. I hope the man has a great deal of success, except for one Saturday a fall.

• Like Like x 2
  2. erikbj

erikbj Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2006
    compliance officer
    hiawatha, ia
    Hopefully that Saturday is on a bye week. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  3. cybear52

cybear52 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    student at AHS
    Ames
    which one

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tpups21

Tpups21 Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Fort Dodge, IA
    Couldn't agree more erikbj! :wink:

5. Aclone

Aclone Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Thanks for having some class, Jon.

Only, I'll just hate to see your hopes smashed that one Saturday next fall. :biggrin:

6. JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006

LOL. That was good.

7. Clones21

Clones21 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Des Moines
    Im loving ISU more and more everyday!

First Jamie Pollards amazing conferences than rhoads emotion at the press conference...its good to be a clone:yes:

8. cybear52

cybear52 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    student at AHS
    Ames
    again who are u rooting for over the cyclones

9. LetsPlay2

LetsPlay2 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Des Moines
    Seems like a good hire and we have a coach that is going to be loyal to the University and State! Welcome back to the Cyclone Family!

10. JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
    With this guy's passion, anything is possible. I don't know the guy, but he makes you want to get to know him...he has the personality that makes you root for him right away.. Plus, he is an Iowan, and that always rates high in my book

11. iowacubjim

iowacubjim Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Ankeny, ia
    He said all the right things, as long as he lives up to all of it this will be a great coach!!

12. JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
    And it may take some time. But I think a guy like this, an Iowan, an Ankeny guy, he is going to get plenty of time to do the job. I said before anyone was hired, that the new coach couldn't fairly be judged until year four. At least, that is how I see it.

13. Clones21

Clones21 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Des Moines
    No one really...Im just really proud to be a clone right now man..:smile:

14. SeattleClone

SeattleClone Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2006

As someone who was displaced to another state (guess where :wideeyed:) for a few years and recently returned, I agree completely.

And in regards to your last post, Jon, if you want an opportunity to get to know Coach Rhoads better, you would be better off as a Cyclone fan :wink:. In fact, that holds true in many aspects. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  15. keepngoal

keepngoal Jobless Jerk
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 20, 2006
    I agree Jon.

While I enjoyed the GC hire, I expect this man not to stoop to the level we saw last week. Rhoads will put is in the right directions without stooping down and talking the low road. I am wild about this cat and am excyted for the future. The way JP stooped down like a bird of prey to pick this guy was fun to watch. Also they way JP didn't stoop and settle for a guy is amazing.

Rhoads won't have to walk stooped but with his head and shoulders up straight.

I didn't hear a stoop in voice... yep not one condescending word all night.

-keep.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Palmer

Palmer Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Male
    Education
    Johnston, IA

you had me at hello.

17. JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
    For those of you that have lived away from Iowa and moved back, did you feel, as I did, a pull to get back home? I don't know if its unique to this state or not, but I know I felt it very strongly. Sounds like Coach Rhoads felt that too, and the emotion that was coming out was just beautiful. How can you not be excited about that, and just pure happy for the guy?

I think that is a thread that binds most of us...we might not know each other, like I don't know Paul, but we have key things in common, and we therefore can share in someone's emotions, someone's joy. That is what I felt when watching the presser. I liked it so much the first time, I am watching it again.

18. st8phan

st8phan Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Programmer Analyst
    Columbia
    The presser gave me chills... My first thought was, 'we've got ourselves a ball coach'

19. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Management/Sales
    Hudson, Iowa
    What a week of incredible lows and now incredible highs.

Looking outside tonight, I wonder why the heck I want to live in Iowa, however I've travelled a lot. I lived in Europe for a year, been down under to Australia and New Zealand. Been to most parts of our country. Having done all that, I can't find too much to complain about in Iowa. The people are basically good, honest, and salt of the earth. My family is here and family is what is important.

However, will be heading south somewhere every winter when the time is right.:yes:

Like the hire...

20. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Ames
    Amen, Iowans! I haven't seen this much brotherhood since Tango & Cash! :cool: