SOB ####

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by twojman, Jul 11, 2009.

1. twojman

twojman Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Male
    Being awesome
    Clive
    Why does this garbage always happen to me. We were planning on dumping Mediacon because of their OUTRAGEOUS rates. Directv comes over today and we do not have a line of sight.

I only have the basic digital through Mediacon (no ESPN or anything) Mediacon's lowest speed of internet and a movie pack. The grand monthly total is $94.14! I would have been able to quadruple my channels and have the same speed of internet for about $5 less per month.

Please FCC, allow cable competition, this is just ridiculous. :sad::no:

2. cyfan964

cyfan964 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2006
    4 blocks from the Jack
    If you call Mediacom and complain about there outrageous prices and tell them you are considering switching to dish they usually drop your rate. I have been fed up a couple times and called to switch only to have them drop it down to the introductory price for me. If it weren't for channel 22 on game days I would have switched to Directv by now.

3. twojman

twojman Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Male
    Being awesome
    Clive
    I have tried that a couple of times and they were very rude to me. :no:

4. Balls

Balls Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    DeNver, IA
    Probably a dumb questions... but can you clear out some branches, put up a tall pole, or ask a neighbor if you can install you satellite in their yard and just run a longer feeder wire? I'm sure the DTV guy looked at all the options but I'd try to get creative as DTV or Dish is a lot better than cable.