Silver lining in the cloud...

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by ISUChippewa, Feb 25, 2013.

1. ISUChippewa

ISUChippewa Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Fraschilla was just tearing the officials a new one at the end of the game. I know it's of small solace, but I do like it when the announcers can recognize and call out a hack job. He was really letting them have it.

Van Pelt and Stuart Scott were going off as well at the start of Sportscenter. Just a complete travesty.

2. GMan

GMan Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Minneapolis
    He didn't flat out say it like Fran, but you could tell Musburger knew the refs screwed over ISU as well.

3. ISUChippewa

Apr 10, 2006
    Off topic here, but as long as I'm in the mood to rant and rave...Musberger was horrible tonight. Just awful. He referred to us as the Jayhawks a couple of times, once called us Kansas State, and said that Tim Floyd was coaching at Texas (it's actually UTEP Brent). I remember Brent when I was 8 years old on NFL Today, and that was 30 years ago. He's got to be at least 70 by now. Time to hang it up Brent.

4. digZ

digZ Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Colorado
    The cloud of what? **** streaming from the refs' whistles? That's all I could see.

5. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    The only silver lining is the JHawks cannot go home tonight. Picket them.

6. F5cy

F5cy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Washington, D.C.
    Don't know about your other references, but when he was talking about Floyd, I heard him say he was 'coaching IN texas'.

And other than that.. I thought the whole night really was a great commercial for ISU and for Fred. At halftime when we got love from the commentators (all of them) saying they'd love to play for Fred, etc.. etc..

7. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I'll give you most of those, but I'm pretty sure he said coaching in Texas, which would be accurate.

He was better than the guy who was doing the last game who couldn't seem to pronounce a single player's (or the head coach's) name correctly.

8. Mumbai1986

Mumbai1986 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2008
    GW Student
    Arlington, VA
    We are in. The way we played against Kansas shows we are a very good team. ISU needs to bottle this rage and unleash it on Oklahoma in the next game. The best cure for a loss is a win.

9. tee1up

tee1up Active Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Golf Professional
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I'm tired of reading about how the commentators suck after every single game. I guess I just should read the threads, but come on..this was a lovefest for ISU all night long. What do you want an announcer to say?

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Engineer
    Denver, CO
    It doesn't matter what any of them say. ISU got ****ed in the *** and lost. The guys on the team are stronger men than me if they can continue to bounce back. We need to get in the tournament and find a way to finish a close game. I love this team.

11. demoncore1031

demoncore1031 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2008
    Musician
    Albuquerque,NM
    jeff woody "I can't wait for this rematch when it happens in KC. Or the NCAAs. Or on the football field."

yes!!!!!!! i hope we beat the by 70 on the football field

12. ISUChippewa

Apr 10, 2006
    What do you expect me to write? That Musberger did an awesome job tonight? C'mon...

I will grant that he was raving about the atmosphere in Hilton and that was cool to hear, especially from someone as well known as Musberger.

If we had an officiating crew that knew when to pull their heads out of their a$$es I wouldn't be writing a single bad word about him. Let me just b!tch and fume for a little while, for crying out loud...