Silent commit guess?

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I'm bored today, and was wondering what people's guesses were for our silent commit? Personally I'd have to say it is Keontae Jones.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGuy4Life

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I'll play along though and throw out a few names with ISU ties that would be homeruns (albeit unrealistic).

Matt Sichterman- Nebby OL commit who's brother is committed to ISU.

Amir Riep- OSU DB commit with an ISU offer that went to Colerain (same HS as DeShaunte/Keontae).

Chester Graves- uncommitted DE from KC. 4 star who had ISU listed as "warm" for awhile. I think he may be a non qualifier though.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
I'll be really suprised if it isn't Milton, and I think he'll be a steal considering his ratings.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I've asked every source inside the program I can think of this question over the last month. Nobody will budge. Hopefully that means it's a really big shocker!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

I think Brian Eno is getting a little old for college football. And I didn't even know he played.

ENO-1973-5-425x410.jpg

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Through my advanced reading comprehension skills, I understand that a "silent commit" is someone who has committed, but the staff is silent about it.

However, someone want to help me with the "why" someone would silently commit?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Through my advanced reading comprehension skills, I understand that a "silent commit" is someone who has committed, but the staff is silent about it.

It's not that the staff is silent about it (they aren't allowed to talk about specific recruit) It is the recruit itself who is silent - meaning he doesn't tell any of the recruitings sites, newspapers, announce on Twitter, etc.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

He might have a deal at his school or something that he wants to have some suspense saved up for.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
He might have a deal at his school or something that he wants to have some suspense saved up for.

Maybe he wants to enjoy the signing day hoopla and have a ceremony in his HS gym. All that is more fun when people don't know where you're committed.

• Agree
Reactions: timhisu

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I've just heard it repeated here, I've never seen the original source. Who reported it it?

I believe Halstead reported it. CW may have as well. I do remember CMC tweeting about a commit that was a playmaker the same day the reports of the silent commit came out.

Help Support Us

Become a patron