SI.com article discussing ISU/Iowa rivalry

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by Nedrick, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Nedrick

Nedrick Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Graphic Designer
    Carroll, IA
  2. cstrunk

cstrunk Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Field Engineer
    Tyler, TX
    Fun read! Just goes to show how much the tides are turning in our favor as of late!

3. arganbright2

arganbright2 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Guys, cyclonefanatic.com users, lets be real now!!! Iowa has their best QB since Chuck Long (yeah I think he is better than Banks) I hope the guys up front win this game for my clones and give my chapped *** somethin to smile about

4. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Poor old Banks.

5. What the hell?

6. theshadow

theshadow Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Not sure where they got THAT info about the 1916 stuff. Everything I've read points to the UI Board of Control as the culprit in stopping the series. They wrote their own resolution after the 1920 game that stated that playing the game was bad for the citizens of the State of Iowa because it caused bad blood, divided families, yada yada yada, and that was hardly the type of thing that UI wanted to promote.

The 'resolution' was rescinded for 1933-34, then put right back in. It was even updated/amended a few times in attempts to further justify them not wanting to play Iowa State.

7. scubapohl1

scubapohl1 Member

Jun 1, 2006
    US Air Force
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Marty and MIller had Jim Zambel on yesterday and he mentioned something about an incedent at a baseball game that added to the demise of the annual football game. I think he was doing games in the 20's so he should know something.

He also mentioned that Ronald Regan called the last Iowa/Iowa State game before the long break. That was kind of cool. I also didn't know that Zambel's daughter and two grand-kids attended ISU. How funny!