She played the race card

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ruxCYtable, Jul 13, 2010.

1. ruxCYtable

ruxCYtable Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Male
  2. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Asst. Super.
    Roland
    She aint so bright.

3. Cyfan1843

Cyfan1843 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Ames
    White Males are the only minority left in the US.

4. ruxCYtable

Aug 29, 2007
    Male
    Oh, but she would have made a fantastic prosecutor! I bet she'd have prosecuted at least half of her cases to the best of her abilities.

How do people like this get into law school, graduate and pass the bar exam? I'm guessing mostly by cheating but it's just a hunch.

5. Cybyassociation

Cybyassociation Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Anyone catch the statistic of how many tickets Marion cops give for window tint? Well over 300 last year and already over 200 some this year. Welcome to Marion, Iowa.

6. cytech

cytech Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Hiawatha, Iowa
    I hear tons of people complain about marion cops all the time. I have only been pulled over once by them, and was given a warning for not coming to a complete stop on a right on red.

I find if you don't break the law you have little to worry about.

7. Aaron Jacobs

Aaron Jacobs Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Job Hunting
    Robins, IA
    Good ole Marion cops. Fresh out of the academy and on a power trip.

8. Cybyassociation

Cybyassociation Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2008
    In most other communities, tint violations are given after the initial violation. Law enforcement usually doesnt pull over people (more specifically over 200 people through July), just based on their tint. Marion cops pull you over and poke and prod for more to get you for. I've been breathalized three times in Marion driving home for things ranging from: Failure to use a turn signal to 7 over. I have passed them all because I wasnt drinking to begin with. What I find funny is that the cop that pulled me over, also failed to use his signal. They're usually reasonable guys, but they're always on the look for things bigger than what they pulled you over for.

9. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Asst. Super.
    Roland

Really? Who would have guessed.....

10. Three4Cy

Three4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    West Des Moines
    Stupidest thing you can ever do is argue with a cop at a traffic stop. The last time I was stopped, I was speeding, when the officer came to the car, I told him I was speeding, and not going to make any excuses for it. He thanked me for being honest, and gave me a warning.

What I don't get about her - she doesn't know the law. All she had to do was sign the ticket, then go to court and fight it. She's a lawyer so all it would have cost her was time. She wanted a fight and wanted to throw her weight around about her new job. The officer did a very good job of staying cool and collected.

As for the Marion Police, I never had a problem with them when I lived in CR. I worked with them on shoplifting cases from time to time and got to know a couple of the officers, they were pretty good people. As for the tinted windows, this has been a law for years, some places just don't enforce it. Marion chooses to enforce it, this should be your warning if you live in CR/Marion and have tinted windows.

11. ISUboi12

ISUboi12 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    dsm
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li3WZXMJaH0]YouTube - W3 - Young Girl gets it very wrong[/ame]

12. kilgore_trout

kilgore_trout Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Looks like she is a University of Iowa Law School Graduate... :biglaugh:

Lisa Jones - LinkedIn

https://www.iacourtcommissions.org/icc/ViewLawyer.do?id=22679

13. CloneIce

CloneIce Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Don't think this is factually correct.

14. 19Cy78

19Cy78 Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Male
    CEO
    My CEO's and his son bought a car, the day he bought it and while driving it home...was stopped for his window tint and ticketed (Wednesday) called to schedule appointment to remove it from the car he purchased that day for Friday...he got another ticket on Thursday and a warning driving to to his appointment...all in WDSM in 3 days. Holy crap, the state/cities need money...this is an easy target at $90 bucks a pop!

15. ruxCYtable

Aug 29, 2007
    Male
    From what others say they may be a bit overzealous but I've lived in Marion for 12 years and never been pulled over.

16. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini
    What is the point of tinted windows? Even more so heavy tint? I have some factory ones on my pilot (by design, not request). Im just curious why they are so wanted. Is it for privacy or does it help reduce heat?

17. dmclone

dmclone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    They do reduce heat but if they are too dark they also reduce visability. A lot of other states they actually tent the windows of police cars.

I'd like to see Iowa allow a little tint on the driver and passenger windows.

18. CYdTracked

CYdTracked Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    IT
    Grimes, IA
    We have a guy in our group at work that is the only black guy in our group and he's flat out made a point to say several times he's not worried about his job security when there are cuts being made because he's the "token" in the group so they wouldn't cut him. And he's not just joking around, he's serious when he says it. Ticks us off too because since he thinks that he doesn't care much and does things like leave 15 minutes early frequently or do some things that go against how our work process is supposed to go, basically a lot of things that most of us would never try to pull off because we don't want to get fired or look disposable if they were to cut some positions.

I don't care what age, sex, race, gender, etc. you are, at work you are an equal regardless. You are either a good worker or you are not and none of those things have any factor to what I think about your job performance. I hate when people pull that crap whenever something bad happens to them, it almost always NEVER has anything to do with what happened!

19. Clonegrad07

Clonegrad07 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Indiana
    She's an idiot. He should have arrested her for being an idiot.

20. 3TrueFans

3TrueFans Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Ames
    Don't want the popo seein when me and my homies are ridin dirty.