Sharp Aquos

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by mike4cy, Nov 17, 2007.

1. mike4cy

mike4cy Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Urbandale
    Anyone have one of these tvs? I have looked at a few and they a decently priced for the sizes. I just don't know about the quality for watching movies, sports, and such like that. Any input is appreciated.

2. Landshark

Landshark Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Ankeny, IA
    Go to Bestbuy.com and click on the tv you want. They have buyer responses, which I found quite helpful when I bought by 42" LG lcd. The responses aren't edited, so you'll find bad ones as well as good ones.

Consumer Reports likes the Sharp Aquos, my dad bought one this spring (42" lcd) and he loves it.

3. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    Sharp makes some nice LCD's. You will be quiet happy with that purchase. Remember though, bigger is better, don't go to small.

4. Bader

Bader Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ankeny
    Mike,

I've got a 37" LCD 1080P capable Sharp Aquos. I absolutely love it, I think I bought it online for just over 1k...maybe 1150 or so, so the price was great. The picture on standard television channels leaves a lot to be wanted, but I don't want to pay for digital cable each month, so that would probably make a huge diff. (This was my gift to myself after the internship this summer, along with a PS3). :)

On HD stuff, my PS3 is hooked up with a HDMI cable, things just look incredible. I've got the BluRay copy of Planet Earth and it blows me away every time I put it in.

Pros:
    2 HDMI jacks
    Over the Air tuner (Huge plus)
    Great HD image
    Easy to "tune-up" the picture

Cons:
    SD looks better on your average television, but it's not horrid

5. cmoneyr

cmoneyr Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2006
    IT
    Ames, Born and Raised
    I don't know anything about Sharp personally, but I agree with brianhos. If you're unsure between two sizes, pick the larger one.

6. mike4cy

mike4cy Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Urbandale
    OK, yep...it is an incredible TV!

7. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    My 32 inch Westinghouse (for my computer) with HDMI was $550 last year at best buy on cyber Monday.

8. Bader

Bader Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ankeny
    I guess as another note, it does not have any DVI jacks on it, at least mine doesn't, they may have changed it recently. But getting a HDMI-DVI adapter is easy enough to find and won't reduce the quality of the signal at all

9. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    HOBBS SCORES! Sorry.