Sedrick and Leonard

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by CTTB78, Nov 16, 2009.

1. CTTB78

CTTB78 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2006
    What's the deal with these two? Sedrick was supposed to be a stud, came out the gates looking that way, and now his name is barely called.

Leonard looked like a true AA kick returner last year, and now he's not even back there?

Anybody know the details on these two?

2. clone2011

clone2011 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2007
    LJ and David Sims were the kick returners up until A&M I think--and generally pretty effective, then it became Sims and Lenz. I've noticed that LJ has had a pretty big spat (outside the shoe) tape job on his ankle(s) the last few games so that could be something to do with it. Also Reeves has been playing some CB in place of LJ, might be a little dinged up.

3. kcclones

kcclones Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Male
    Sales
    Kansas City
    he has a bad ankle/leg i heard (LJ)

4. Drive4cy

Drive4cy Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2006
    I'm glad LJ isn't returning kicks to be honest. He's too important to the defense to have him getting injured in the return game ala DeAndre Jackson. LJ was a good returner but he's not Devin Hester or anything. Lenz has done pretty well in his place. I say keep him back there going forward.

5. jburke

jburke Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    IT Application Analyst
    Ankeny, IA
    LJ is still a stud, just no big plays like last year, the best CB on the team hands down... I can't speak for Sed....

6. BBHMagic

BBHMagic Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    A lot of the time, the sign of a good cornerback is when you don't here his name much because he isn't getting the ball thrown his way. If you notice, a majority of the passes go to Banks' side. I've watched LJ a lot and he usually seems to shut down his receiver. Pretty good against the run too.

7. ketelmeister

ketelmeister Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2006
    It's hard for ends to look good when the ball doesn't get thrown their way.

8. StPaulCyclone

StPaulCyclone Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yes
    Duh!
    LJ...teams haven't been kicking to him and then he has been injured the last few weeks. Teams aren't throwing his way, going toward KBanks. He's good and teams are adjusting away from him.

As for Sed, he clearly needs more time.

9. d4nim4l

d4nim4l Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Analyst
    West Des Moines, IA
    Like everyone said, LJ has been banged up. Plus I think Sims and Lenz do fine in the return game. Best save him from getting hurt.

Sed, think it is a combination of his high ankle sprain and so-so wide receivers coaching.

10. gocubs2118

gocubs2118 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Student
    Illinois
    Usually when you don't hear the CB's name during a game, thats a good thing. People just aren't throwing to him this year.

11. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Ankeny
    Sed got hurt on the first few plays of the first game. I dont think he has recovered yet.

12. CycloneWarning

CycloneWarning Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2008
    This^

You don't hear about LJ on defense because teams pick on KB instead. And that says a lot since most QB's are right handed and would prefer to throw LJ's way, but have been clearly coached to look left first.

LJ has been out on kickoffs due to a minor injury. However, LJ was put back in the game for CU's last kickoff after their TD. The CU kicker botched it out of bounds.

13. TheHelgo

TheHelgo Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Male
    Portfolio Manager
    St. Louis, MO
    Hopefully LJ can do a good job shutting down Alexander this week. With MU's other starting stud out, we may be able to control their passing game a little.

14. I would love to see a stat on what the receiver(s) covered by LJ has for stats on the year.

Heres hoping they dont use Alexander in motion a lot and slot him so LJ cant defend him.

15. Clonefan32

Clonefan32 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Yep. They don't even bothe rlooking LJ's way usually. Too easy to pick on Banks.