Season Prediction - survey

Discussion in 'Football' started by LTCyClone, Aug 18, 2013.

1. LTCyClone

LTCyClone New Member

Aug 13, 2011
    7-5 regular season record if we win first three non-conference, then need to win 3 games over KU, BU, TT, UT or TCU and 1 win over WV, OU, OSU or KSU. Go Cyclones!!

2. Cyclonic1

Cyclonic1 Active Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Male
    retired
    Sun City, AZ
    8 - 4 at least as we have a chance of losing to Okie and Okie light plus the purple kitties will be tough in their remodeled digs. We are young enough that we may also have a hiccup road game as well. But this is the year we get off the 3 conference win streak. Then the next two seasons we really kick some Big 12 butt.

3. Goothrey

Goothrey Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Student
    Austin, Tx
    Pain.

5-7

4. CycloneNorth

CycloneNorth Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Clarksville, TN
    6-6. 7-6 after our bowl game.

5. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    5-7, schedule is brutal.

6. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
  7. KnappShack

KnappShack Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    4-8

UNI, University of Illinois - Iowa City campus, Kansas, and an upset as the wins

8. dualthreat

dualthreat Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    The bottom 6 teams in the conference are very very equal talent wise. Texas, OSU, OU and TCU are ahead of the pack. Kansas State and Baylor will be next. Hopefully we can finish 7th this year with a 7-5 record. I think we will actually finish 6-6 (3-6) with wins over UNI, Iowa, Tulsa, Texas Tech, TCU, and Kansas.

I don't see us pulling off a W @K state. They are far too disciplined for us and nearly as talented as their 10+ win teams the past two years.

I say we beat WVU on the last week of the season if we are 5-6.

TCU will be good, but I think they will struggle with the cold weather and this is my upset pick of the year for us.

9. CNECloneFan

CNECloneFan Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Professor, Geology
    As I look at our brutal schedule, (including our 2 "helpful" bye weeks in September), my mind says 4-8, but my gut and heart say 7-6 with a bowl victory. Go Clones! Go Clones! Go F'ing Clones!!!

10. UNIGuy4Cy

UNIGuy4Cy Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Accountant
    Bondurant
    #10 UNIGuy4Cy, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    Big 12 is going to be down this season. More so than I can remember. First time ever the league did not have a preseason top 10 team. 5 teams got votes to win the league and only 3 teams have returning starting quarterbacks in Iowa State TCU and Texas.

11. Mesaclone1

Mesaclone1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Dept of Homeland Seecurit
    Mesa, AZ
    5 wins is the over/under mark. 6 exceeds expectations, but is achievable and would be a HUGE sign of big things coming in 2014. We are very young and the schedule is absolutely brutal, but the future is incredibly bright...and our foundation is growing stronger each year thanks to Coach Rhoads. But I think some underestimate how hard it is to turn things around here, it takes time and patience...we have to be patient and not burden the program with unrealistic expectations in the short run. In the long run, shoot for the moon.

12. Goothrey

Goothrey Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Student
    Austin, Tx
    The big 12 will be pretty similar to last year.

13. CycloneVet

CycloneVet Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Male
    Veterinariian
    Cedar Falls
    Not sure if I buy that

Texas up
    OU down
    KSU likley slightly down
    BU even (they don't play D)
    KU sucks
    WVU down
    TCU up
    TTech same or down
    OSU up
    ISU same

Winnable games, UNI, Iowa, Tulsa, TTech, KU, WVU, KSU, BU. Unlikely- OSU, UT , TCU (could at home), Won't happen- OU in Norman (until it does, it won't happen)

14. AgCyclone

AgCyclone Member

May 7, 2013
    Ames
    7-5, i have faith we win a bowl game too.

15. UNIGuy4Cy

UNIGuy4Cy Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Accountant
    Bondurant
    I don't agree. This is the biggest drop in quarterback talent the league has seen in forever. The Big 12 has never been a great defensive league minus a couple teams but the league always had the top rated offenses and quarterbacks in the country. Not this season, you could argue, if the 2014 draft was today not one Big 12 quarterback would be drafted, I can't remember that ever happening that at least 1 quarterback doesn't have preseason hype. Look at OU, everyone thought Bell was a shoe in as the starter, but reports today that he will not win the job. That's a top Big 12 team that will break in a quarterback with 0 experience.