Ron Maly is delusional

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by Nedrick, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Nedrick

Nedrick Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Graphic Designer
    Carroll, IA
    I came across this blog about Gene Chizik. He must think DMac left behind a ton of blue-chipppers to believe Chizik can accomplish the objectives he's laid out.
    LINK
    There's no wonder Maly is writing a blog instead of working for the Register anymore...

2. joepublic

joepublic Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Editorial
    Ankeny
    Ron's just laughing at us. One thing to remember about Maly is that since he retired, he's become a full time hawk shill.

3. The only thing I've been able to figure out is that maybe he was trying to make it seem like ISU fans had unreasonable expectations for McCarney or something? If he was going for that angle he didn't make it very clear. Otherwise he's just setting completely ridiculous expectations so he can say he was right and that Chizek never amounted to anything. It's a real head scratcher.

4. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Wow...I mean wow, I just read that. Honestly, I'm not sure this guy is aware of what's going on down here. Beating Iowa 4 of 5 years as a MUST?! Beating Texas or Oklahoma next year as a MUST? I thought ISU was above unreasonable expectations.

I think Ron Maly must like Opium, it's the only thing I can think of that would cause him to completely lose his mind.

5. CYdTracked

CYdTracked Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    IT
    Grimes, IA
    Do I need to go dig up the post I had about Ron awhile back that explains his blog? He's RETIRED!!! He's like 70 something. For God's sake do we have to flame everyone that writes something about ISU that we don't agree with?

You want to talk about dulusional, remember the post Jeremy had the other day about our own fans talking about a 9 win season next year. I think some of our own homer fans have more expectations than the media usually does. I do admit, Ron stretched a little there with his expectations but the ones he set out I sure hope we are close to or meeting most of those in 3-4 years.

6. trevn

trevn Active Member

Apr 10, 2006
    He's obviously making fun of all the Iowa State fans thinking Chizik will do a great job here at ISU. He's just trying to beat down "little brother" because after all, ISU can do NO BETTER than Dan McCarney or mediocrity and therefore the fans should have no hope and/or excitement about anything about their athletic teams. Let him write his little blog and let Chizik's team do the talking.

7. ISUAlum2002

ISUAlum2002 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Urbandale
    In 3 years we won't have OU and Texas on the schedule. In 4 years we will, and I fully expect us to be able to challenge both OU and Texas that year.

However, next year, I don't expect that.

8. letsgostate

letsgostate Member

Nov 4, 2006
    I know Maly, he's making fun of Iowa State here. He's a Hawkeye through and through and a jerk.

9. redrocker

redrocker Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    M.M.F.I.C.
    Ames - West-CY'd
    He must have been talking with Walden?

10. ISUAlum2002

ISUAlum2002 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Urbandale
    Stick to covering the Hawks, then. This goes back to the issue we all have with all the Hawk fans calling KXNO telling us what we should and shouldn't expect out of our athletic programs, and what we can and cannot do.

Talk about your own program and leave ours alone, until they're on the same field or court together. Not sure what's so tough about this for some people.

11. clones_jer

clones_jer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2006
    IA
    Yes, the article was insinuating that we have unrealistic goals for the new coach. He's tells you he's a hawk-homer by saying ISU must beat Iowa 4 of 5 years - a version of the classic squawk arguement that ISU's whole season is the Iowa game.

He's trying to be clever, he's just a moron, not delusional.

12. rd4isu

rd4isu Member

Apr 11, 2006
    And my mother wonders why I can't tolerate most Iowa fans!

13. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    WEll at least we are not talking about the other wonderful media members in this thread. I believe that players left can put on a good show next yerar withg better coaching. I presume they will be coached better and have smarter playcalling from game one...just like McD in basketball.

14. Skyh13

Skyh13 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I can't believe how terrible a... whatever that is.... is. And talk about his constant screaming of "I'm a Hawk fan, and that completely alters how I write!!!" throughout the entire thing...

15. twojman

twojman Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Male
    Being awesome
    Clive
    Like some of the others, I feel like Maly was being condescending to ISU fans. Typical of him. I do not remember a whole lot of his blogs giving ISU any praise for ANYTHING! Oh well, he is a sour member of the 'old media' that is upset ISU is getting some press and it is not all Iowa all the time.

16. ISU_Alum_2000

ISU_Alum_2000 All-Star

Oct 21, 2006
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    What a petterass.

17. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    I think Denis Leary best describes Maly:

"You F@#$ing dolt!!!"

18. GoShow97

GoShow97 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    mass enlightenment
    homeless
    Seemed like he had some valid points. Not that I agree with them but looking at things OBJECTIVELY he did not seem too far off. In any event 2007 will be here soon enough, only time will tell. :yes4lo:

GO CLONES wholovesubaby:wink0st:

19. mt85

mt85 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    EggMcClone I agree with you. I think the point he was trying to make is the same old line that ISU shouldn't expect better than DM. Just another lazy journalist promoting the dogma that ISU can't expect anything more than mediocrity. Thankfully Ron didn't disappoint us with any original thought.

20. GoShow97

GoShow97 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    mass enlightenment
    homeless
    Who ever gave me neg rep for this post I feel sorry for you. Hardly enough reason to call me an idiot. Why not include your ID? If you feel so strong about your position and calling me names?