Rhoads is a man with no pressure

Discussion in 'Football' started by GoSTATE71, Nov 11, 2013.

1. GoSTATE71

GoSTATE71 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2008
    His press conference today is straight ticking me off.

"Paul, what do you want Iowa State fans to take away from this season?"

"Iowa State fans are intelligent, they know we are young and we are injured, I hope the fans have enjoyed the competitiveness and compassion of our football team and have seen improvement that will catapult us into 2014."

Seriously CPR? You just got 40k+ fans buying season tickets and as "intelligent" as we are about football, we dont want to use excuses for being a laughing stock. I see no improvement and if thats the attitude you want me to have then dont expect me to buy tickets next year.

Watch the press conference today maybe I'm overreacting and just frustrated but he walks in so casually and says the same thing each week. "So excited about this prep this week and cant wait to see the results Saturday." SHUT UP you have gotten spanked each week as coaches and your plans have failed miserably. If you are so excited and passionate then show it with your work not your dumb coach speak.

2. Judoka

Judoka Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Timbuktu
    Yeah, I was a bit taken aback by just tossing out excuses and saying that if were smart fans we'd take it in stride.

3. Cyballzz

Cyballzz Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aclone

Aclone Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Apparently you didn't listen to his postgame press conference. Or, are you just looking for excuses to criticize?

5. twojman

twojman Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Being awesome
    Clive
    Are you related to any of the coaches? I have never seen anyone with such blind fervent faith in a coaching staff.

6. erikbj

erikbj Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2006
    compliance officer
    hiawatha, ia
    Not sure what he can say today besides "we are more disappointed then the fans are with the results"

He isn't going to say what he is actually feeling.

7. Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth Active Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Male
    North Iowa
    Anyone still think this team isn't as bad as '03 or '08? On paper they're quickly becoming identical. Different RB's taking the carries every game, musical QB's, our leading RB and WR's will have under 500 yards and we won't have a QB pass for 2,000. I do not attribute all of THAT to injuries, because in most cases, you could take the top 3 leaders in each statistical category and not come up with a cumulative 1,000 yard receiver or rusher, much less a 2,500 yard QB.

8. GoSTATE71

GoSTATE71 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2008
    He was basically saying as fans who have invested thousands of dollars and tons of time into this program that we should just take this losing in stride and know that it may pay off in 2014 and that there isn't anything they can do about this year besides try and be competitive. He basically has admitted defeat and wants us fans to take it in stride. stupid stupid stupid.

He also said we don't have a #1 QB at this school and it'll be wide open between our 5 QBs in January. This program is sinking fast. Cannot see any reason why anyone would want to come here other than they dont have other BCS offers and a supportive fan base. If I'm a QB/WR/etc. I look at ISU and see it as a place that my career will die before it even starts. Put Richardson at a school with capable coaches and I bet he is having a better year. No way those guys aren't that talented, I'm beginning to think its mainly on coaching and prep.

9. isufbcurt

isufbcurt Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Male
    CPA
    Newton
    Good thing you aren't good enough to be recruited. And good thing our current commits aren't as dumb as you.

10. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I love how anyone who doesn't want to stone Mess to death and run Paul out of town on a rail must be related to them. Ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CyBri

CyBri Member

Mar 2, 2012
    There isn't one thing that Coach could say right now that would make a lot of people happy. What did you want him to do crawl on stage and start to cry. If he did that most people on here would say he is soft and the team is a reflection of that.

12. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    How naive do you have to be to believe there is "no pressure" on Coach Rhoads?

13. JSmoove

JSmoove Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Male
    Transportation Engineer
    2611 Helser, Louden
    I think you might need a break from Cyclone Fanatic for awhile. For the sake of your health and ours as well.

14. ribsnwhiskey

ribsnwhiskey Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Ames
    Just stop.

Apparently the first 4 years had nothing to do with coaching either? It was all luck and "Chizik's players", right?

Does it ever get old ******** all the time?

15. Rabbuk

Rabbuk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    have you read aclone's posts?

16. The_Architect

The_Architect Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Focus Town
    Ya think?

17. I retract all of my previous statements on the shittyness of this team. We are not good. Not good at all.

18. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Yes. I've probably given him 100 likes in the last 2 months.

19. Rabbuk

Rabbuk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    You must be related to Aclone then.

20. bellzisu

bellzisu Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Agriculture
    Norwalk
    Seriously what could he say.... We ******* suck donkey ****??? He's trying to stay positive. If he comes out and blames coaches and players, what good will that do??? The players will give up even more, and coaches won't give a rip.

If he came out and basically said what you want him to say, then who in their right mind would want to play for a coach throwing everyone under the bus.

He did say everything will get evaluated including coaching... What more could he say??