Rental Car help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by OC Cyclone, Dec 9, 2009.

1. OC Cyclone

OC Cyclone Member

Mar 5, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Going to be renting a car in Phoenix for just one day and only 23 years old...anyone use any company in particular that's cheap, and doesn't charge a fee for being under 25? Hertz has a deal where they are not charging a under 25 fee through the end of the year, but still not that cheap. Any other suggestions?

2. Tornado man

Tornado man Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Ames, IA
    I would bet that a car dealer will give better rates than the rentals from all the big guys at the airport. That's what I'm doing. Don't know about the age thing though. You'd have to call.
    I plan on calling and checking rates/availability tomorrow, and securing one. Once I arrive, I then have my hotel shuttle take me to the dealer to pick it up. They're usually more than happy to do so. Then have the hotel pick you up after you drop the car off, and then when the time comes take the hotel shuttle back to the airport.
    I'm staying in Scottsdale.

3. garn91

garn91 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Ankeny
    Enterprise normally has great specials. I've rented from the Enterprise here in Ankeny several times and have no complaints.

4. clonomaniac

clonomaniac Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Engineer
    St Louis, MO
    I rented from Enterprise for $18 a day - car with cruise control and everything.