Remember Blake Slaughter....

Discussion in 'Football' started by KMAC_ATTACK, Dec 28, 2007.

1. KMAC_ATTACK

KMAC_ATTACK Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    I wonder how Blakes feeling about his choice for colleges now that K-state has decided to recruit and sign two juco linebackers and he could have been with us and not had to contend with sitting a redshirt year and then sitting behind three seniors....

I hope were still recruiting him, it would be good to get one away from someone else for a change....

2. ISUonthemove

ISUonthemove Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Sports Photographer
    Altoona
    Two Juco LB's have signed and one more is committed. I hope the staff hasn't given up on him either. I really liked his highlight videos.

3. cyclonebillski

cyclonebillski Active Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Male
    Golf Course Asst Super
    Council Bluffs
    From what I remember, the staff wasn't that impressed with him and pretty much let him go. I sure wouldn't mind picking him up but apparently the staff was luke warm on him.

4. KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    If thats the case, they must see the type that thinks they don't have to do the work to be the best player possible.

But, as i remembered, it was a coin flip which way it could have went and this kid is both smart (academically) and a very good ball player with the athletic tools to be special....a mini Tim Dobbins!!!!

Anyhow, just over a month away and we should be expecting upto 7-8 more commits, should be fun if Chizik pulls a couple of names out of the hat on signing day like he did Big Trey and Randy Kellman....Its funny if you look at last years commits, the staff only had 9 commits and signed the other 16 after Jan. 1.....with 6 coming after Feb 1....

Hope he pulls the rope a dope again.....

Still waiting for Johnson and Benton to commit to make my X-mas special!!!!

5. CYVADER

CYVADER Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Sales
    Cornfields
    why is it that every juco in america has at least medium interest in kansas state? check out this link and then click on the players list and every one of them shows k-state. wtf?Rivals.com Prospect Rankings

6. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    They have scoured the countryside for jucos. KState leaves no stone unturned.

7. Drizzle

Drizzle Member

Nov 9, 2007
    #7 Drizzle, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
    We really need some dbacks... I would love to get Zaviar Gooden:yes: Is he from the same school as Darks and Harper? Or is it the other one? I think there are two schools in Pflugerville...

8. KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    Three actually....

Gooden is from Pflugerville Panthers and Darks is from Connolly Cougars.......

I think gooden is a long shot......his top four did not have us in it...i do think he visited, but, i thinks its down the Missouri or Kansas....

FUNNY ISUBET.....

I thought the same exact thing, it was like is every juco player be courted by Ron Prince or what...i think he's feelin the heat, he needs to win, they're not happy with 7-5......

Nebraska thought the same thing about Frank Solich - 9-2.......ooooooppppppsssss how'd that work out for you Big Red.....

too bad........

9. dunar

dunar Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Software Engineer
    Altoona, IA
    K-State and JUCOs - is anyone surprised? That's exactly how Snyder built them up...

10. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny
    Kansas is home to the top juco football teams in the country. Its always been a hotbed, its not surprising that an in state school is taking advantage of it.