Reddy to Roll

Discussion in 'Football' started by Wesley, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
  2. UNIGuy4Cy

UNIGuy4Cy Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Accountant
    Polk City
    That will hamper his running ability, a sprain does not correct itself over a week.

3. CarolinaCy

CarolinaCy Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2008
    Also of note in that article:

"Pelini also said cornerback Alfonzo Dennard is day-to-day after a collision with teammate Courtney Osborne left him with a concussion."

I'd be pretty surprised if they cleared a guy to play one week after sustaining a concussion.

4. drmwevr08

drmwevr08 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    City Planner
    Omaha, NE
    So they can't even keep Osbourne away from his teammates helmets? :biglaugh:

• Like Like x 1
  5. The_Architect

The_Architect Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Focus Town
    #5 The_Architect, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    Reddy to roll? :spinny:

• Like Like x 1
  6. heitclone

heitclone Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Malvern, IA
    No shocker here, he was healthy enough to play in the 2nd half last week. If the game had been in jeopardy he would have played.

7. CyCloned

CyCloned Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Accountant
    Robins, Iowa
    An injured Martinez is probably the best deal for ISU. He will be less mobile and he is really not that good of a passer.

8. bgprest

bgprest Member

Aug 18, 2008
    VP-Manufacturing
    Plano, TX
    Martinez' status for this Saturday's game???

The way I see it, whether Martinez plays will be a key factor in our ability to beat Nebby.

I'm sure they're keeping his official status a secret but does anybody have a clue? I've heard anything from "likely" to "potentially out for the season."

9. d4nim4l

d4nim4l Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Analyst
    West Des Moines, IA
    Of course it doesn't, but that hasn't stopped A-Rob from going for 120 and 117 the last two weeks.

10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    Re: Martinez' status for this Saturday's game???

The article in the original Reddy to Roll thread says that he is day to day and should be available for the ISU game. Now, whether that is true or not is another question.

Here's hoping we see Zach Lee.

11. isuforlife

isuforlife Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2007
    can he take some hard hits :rolleyes:

12. PaulSTI

PaulSTI Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Believe it or not, I was watching this game with my mom, who's a nurse practioner and getting her doctorate in clinical nursing. She said that a bruise on the thigh like that is incredibly painful and depending on how much bleeding there was and how fast they got ice on the bruise, it could be painful for a week to two weeks. He seemed to be walking around a lot on the sidelines and didn't seem to have ice on it, so who knows. If he does play on Saturday, he probably won't be 100%. Will it make a difference? Who knows.

13. heitclone

heitclone Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Malvern, IA
    A deep thigh bruise can be very painful. I had this injury in high school, during a JV game the chain crew didn't drop the down marker when the play came towards them and I basically broke it over my thigh, it honestly felt like my leg was broken. I could feel where the bruise/bleeding was for months afterwards but I played the next week, and that was basically just icing it down. THis guy has a whole training staff getting him ready, I don't expect him to be too hampered Satruday but I'd imagine he'll take it very easy this week. The biggest test will be that first hit he takes.

14. spyclone

spyclone Member

Oct 19, 2009
    C.B.
    OUCH.

he'll feel it the first time he's hit. I suspect he'll get hit a few times saturday.

15. CycoCyclone

CycoCyclone Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Male
    Business Analyst
    Urbandale
    Let's get that ankle early!