Rebekah Dahlman

Discussion in 'Women's Basketball' started by zach1987, Aug 22, 2012.

1. zach1987

zach1987 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    What do you guys think are chances are of landing her? I think we have pretty good shot!

2. mred

mred Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2006
    SE WI
  3. 907CY

907CY Active Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Male
    retired
    Northern Polk County
    We play her style of ball. She is good at slashing to the basket and scoring but she can also step back and drain the three. Dahlman plays a great man to man defense and reminds me a lot of Megan Taylor. A very very hard nosed player who will really shine in BF's style of play. Her signing could make us a top 10 ranked recruiting class.

4. swiacyfan

swiacyfan Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I would like her to be on our team, but I would say chances are slim to none that she wont commit to us.

5. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    I don't think you said what you meant to say.

[​IMG]

6. swiacyfan

swiacyfan Member

Mar 2, 2009
    id like to see her commit with us but dont think it will happen... just my opinion

7. twistedredbird

twistedredbird Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Executive Director
    Midwest
    we competing now with the big dogs for her. It is a shame, but it seems what happens, is our staff get on good recruits early, work the butts off the land them, then Stanford, UCLA, Duke, etc. waltz in after we have worked years in building relationships ala Greenfield, and get them. However, there are some recruits that stay loyal from the start and say, they were the first to offer me(which I see a lot of) ala Samantha Logic.

But, it is hard to argue with the opportunity to get a Stanford education.

The problem with the upper Midwest gals is there are many good schools in WBB, MN, Marq., Iowa, KSU, KU, NU....that we compete with them for fewer recruits. I think TX and Kansas City is where we should put focus. The numbers are just more in our favor.

8. rbingley

rbingley Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Agreed.. One of the biggest things for my kid was the loyalty of coach Steyer, and BF, thats what made her a cyclone!!

9. 907CY

907CY Active Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Male
    retired
    Northern Polk County
    I think I was behind Em. and her roommate in line at the HyVee store this week. A very nice young lady and even stopped to talk to a young fan who recognized her. You did a good job, Dad.

10. cydney

cydney Member

Mar 14, 2011
    All it will take is a great recruit such as Dahlman to join a few others (already committed and hopefully still to commit) and make an impact. The team is poised to contend again for Big 12 championships, and this time around, once a team does that, it's ready to go deep, deep into the NCAA. It all then builds from that, more good recruits, better competition, etc. ISU volleyball is showing that ISU can compete with the traditional big names in recruiting top classes. It takes just a couple to make the foundation for a class, and then hopefully others buy in.

11. rbingley

rbingley Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #11 rbingley, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    Thanks so much:

Sorry just saw this. She knows the importance of giving back. Those fans are what made her know that Iowa State was where she wanted to be. She's a very humble kid, and should be!!! We've always taught that it's important to be nice to people period. Glad I'm getting a good report!

12. BuffettClone

BuffettClone Active Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Glad to hear she was raised well and won't have to worry about hearing anything bad in the papers about her. I'm sure we are all proud to have her in the Cyclone nation!

13. StClone

StClone Active Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Mora MN radio reported too that we are on Dahlman's short list back in late August: Minnesota Hoops: Rebekah Dahlman's College List

Dahlman will likely not stay in MN. The U of MN is loaded with future guards due to incoherent recruiting. Her listing U of M appears obligatory to soothe locals. Coincidentally, I am somewhat familiar with Braham MN as it was in my sales territory and more than tangentially with Roseau MN. Braham is rural but take a quick trip down I-35 and you will experience the metro of the Twin Cities. Roseau is truly isolated known as a stop for anglers headed to the big lakes in Winnipeg, lumbering, home of Polaris Snow mobiles and HS Hockey champs.

Years and miles seperate Megan Taylor's MN from Rebeka's basketball family that is the Dahlmans. Yet, she is familiar with Megan HS record in MN and her place of admiration in Iowa State's Women's basketball. Iowa State has a well-supported, national tradition with a internationally known and respected head coach. But Dahlman, like many touted, will likely follow other big time recruits and come to see they must head to the most elite programs to fulfill destiny.

I may hold my breath. I see things that may attract her to the Cyclones and in selecting ISU she would make for one of the best recruiting classes ever. But hoping on the decision of a great basketball recruit is just that, wishing. We are due for though.

14. mred

mred Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2006
    SE WI

15. cyclone13

cyclone13 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Tennessee...... Will be hard to compete with a storied program, but without Pat Summitt, it's going to give us a chance.

16. mred

mred Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2006
    SE WI
    #16 mred, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    There's no guarantee Tennessee has offered her. There are seven (!) hoopgurlz top-50 recruits who have visited or will visit Tennessee in Sept/Oct.

BTW, I don't suppose a mod could fix the misspelling of her name in the subject for us...

17. StClone

StClone Active Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Rebekah is "super excited" and I have got to believe it. Though recruits will say things to placate inquiries from locales, I think she is sincere. Among many proven things at Iowa State is if you commit to us WE fans commit to you!

18. CycloneBob

CycloneBob Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ames
    I totally agree that our fans will full heartedly reciprocate.

19. Three4Cy

Three4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    West Des Moines
    Holly Warlick is an unproven head coach, so things are going to be much different when she has to make the decisions. Top players in the past went to Tennessee to play for Pat, now they are playing for a coach who has zero wins as a head coach. A much different outlook as a player.

20. C.John

C.John Perplexed
    Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Would be a great get for the Sisters....and title corrected for accuracy.