RB Ozigbo announcing at 2:00 today

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Honestly if they get that other guy they are after, today's affairs won't matter. But it the other guy skips over Iowa, then I think the butthurt will flow...

With the way Iowa goes through running back I would think they would be ok with more than one commit.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
It's the off-season and I like to look at stats when it's the off-season.. Fun stat: Iowa State has lost 611 games all time, which is the 5th worst ever. There are 4 programs in the country that have lost more games. Yikes.

Here's a fun stat you'll love...100% of people who "Like" their own posts are dooshes...

You "Liked" the quoted post above...I'll give you 611 guesses as to what that makes you...

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
So one time I was hovering over the likes on my own post to see who liked it, and I accidentally clicked it...it was 3 seconds of sheer panic...OMG, get it off, get it off....

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Very impressive to beat out Wisky for this guy. They've recruited a lot of good ones lately.

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
I like his build 5'11 220 he looks really strong as well, but dat 4.73 40 could be better

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
Iowa is going after another (ranked higher, as well) RB that'll make his decision on Saturday, his name is Aca'cedric Ware. All of the recruiting services pick Iowa as the frontrunner to land him, and his offer list is more extensive than Ozigbo's. With him and Markel Smith being the guys of 2015, it's easy to see why Ozigbo didn't want any part of it. He'll still face the wrath of Iowa's D (pun intended?) on a yearly basis. Don't rest so easy, Clowns.
In before hoks didn't really want him.

oops, too late!!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Iowa is going after another (ranked higher, as well) RB that'll make his decision on Saturday, his name is Aca'cedric Ware. All of the recruiting services pick Iowa as the frontrunner to land him, and his offer list is more extensive than Ozigbo's. With him and Markel Smith being the guys of 2015, it's easy to see why Ozigbo didn't want any part of it. He'll still face the wrath of Iowa's D (pun intended?) on a yearly basis. Don't rest so easy, Clowns.

Are you still confident in Iowa landing this Ware kid? All reports now indicate he'll announce his decision to go to USC on Monday. Of course, you never know, he might pick Iowa over USC. If so, congrats.

But if he picks USC, that means Iowa will strike out on both of their RB targets for 2015. I can understand losing out to USC, but ISU? Things are a changin'.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Are you still confident in Iowa landing this Ware kid? All reports now indicate he'll announce his decision to go to USC on Monday. Of course, you never know, he might pick Iowa over USC. If so, congrats.

But if he picks USC, that means Iowa will strike out on both of their RB targets for 2015. I can understand losing out to USC, but ISU? Things are a changin'.
All reports said last week he was going to USC. Iowa really had no shot after his visit to So Cal.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Can't be possible. According to that fan base, their coaches stopped recruiting Ozigbo because they were so confident they'd land Ware. Despite what the Iowa 247 guy said about their staff still actively pursuing Ozigbo up to the point of him committing to ISU.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Can't be possible. According to that fan base, their coaches stopped recruiting Ozigbo because they were so confident they'd land Ware. Despite what the Iowa 247 guy said about their staff still actively pursuing Ozigbo up to the point of him committing to ISU.

Yeah, that's the point I was trying to make, but you did a much better job of stating it.

I was just trying to point out how delusional and arrogant many Hawk fans are when we land a RB commit that Iowa was going after extremely hard, but when they commit to ISU they say how ISU only got him because Iowa backed off of him because they knew they were going to land someone a lot better in less than a week. That is total BS.

Iowa wanted Ozigbo REALLY bad, no matter what Iowa fans will tell you. It's obvious that Ware wasn't "in the bag" by any means and so there was absolutely no reason for Iowa to back off of Ozigbo.

It just hurts Iowa fans' huge egos when someone actually chooses to go play football at ISU over Iowa and they can't handle it. It's ALWAYS a case of "Iowa didn't want them anymore".

Last edited:

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
I'm really excited for Ozigbo. A big running back that still has another year to put even more weight and has good speed. For those of you wondering, here is his ESPN scouting report:

OVERALL TRAITS

Size-Strength-SpeedOzigbo is of very good size for a RB. He is of very good thickness which helps him break many tackles. Plays with very good strength as he will continually carry defenders with him. His speed is better than most of those on the field as he does not get caught.
Vision/PatienceRuns with the attitude he understands blocking schemes. He will stay behind the line and react positively to what he sees. Displays both a burst and an ability to stick his foot in the ground and make a sharp cut.
Agility/AccelerationHas an ability to cut and to cut more than once on the same play. He runs under control and knows when to apply a burst which is noticeable.
Power/BalanceIs a strong legged runner that runs with good body lean and high leg drive. Is seen carrying many defenders with him for numerous yards. Is a powerful back that should become even more powerful as he matures.
Bottom LineOzigbo is an impressive big back that should make a mid-level to upper level power conference school a very good addition. He demonstrates he is ready to compete at a high level.
Junior EvalSTRENGTHS: Displays good power and strength as a runner. Can get to the hole and allow creases to open and burst through to second level. Has good speed. ... AREAS OF IMPROVEMENT: Will need to continue to add strength to be more consistent in running through arm tackles. Does not have great anticipation to make a quick cut if defender shows up in the hole. ... BOTTOM LINE: Ozigbo will most likely end up at a high level BCS program but will need to physically develop to keep up production after multiple carries.
Sounds like a Marshawn Lynch in the making