Question for Viking fans

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by clonedude, Jul 25, 2009.

1. clonedude

clonedude Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    Do you still want Brett Favre?

His agent says that his arm is 100% healthy, but still Favre isn't sure he wants to come back.

Do you want a QB that goes out there every week not sure if he even wants to play?

He is now sitting back and basking in the joy with all these high profile Viking players calling him and begging him to come up to Minnesota. They are stroking his HUGE ego big time. Chances are... after he gets enough ego stroking.... he will come back. But do you want him?

2. Wx4Cy

Wx4Cy Well-Known Member

May 22, 2007
    IT Architect
    West Des Moines
    I dunno. Tell me how good Sage is going to play first. Even though I will throw up in my mouth everytime they introduce him as the starter, it is hard to not want a hall of fame QB to finish out this roster.

They are a SB contender without him...they are the SB favorite with him.

3. clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    Uhhhhh no. Brett Favre does NOT make the Vikes the SB favorite. This guy is a mid level NFL QB right now... at best. He's probably not even better than Sage... it's close. He's not what you think he is.

4. Wx4Cy

Wx4Cy Well-Known Member

May 22, 2007
    IT Architect
    West Des Moines
    Then why did you ask for my opinion?

5. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Exactly. I want the best QB at the helm. The Vikings become a very dangerous team with even an average quarterback.

6. hiwhatis

hiwhatis Active Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Ames, IA
    alright, imo sage isn't gonna start no matter what. i think t-jack will beat him out, also there is no way that sage is as good as favre. that's just stupid, the guy is a proven winner and i'd be thrilled if we got him.

7. acrozier22

acrozier22 Well-Known Member

Question for Viking fans --> Are you ready for the Cutler to destroy you?

(that should spark some discussion!)

8. clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    And Favre, Sage, and TJ are all average NFL QB's. So why would you want all the trouble and baggage that Favre brings? Will he want a separate locker room for himself like he had in NY and GB? A lot of teammates in both GB and NY did not like this prima donna one bit. He could just as easily tear your team apart.... in fact it's been said already that he's put a big wedge between many of the Viking players. Some support him coming.... while others are in support of the guys they have now, not someone that isn't sure he even wants to play football or not?

Sage and TJ are publicly NOT wanted now by most fans and some of the highest profile Viking players. You are now screwed either way... because Favre has divided this team, and he's not even a Minnesota Viking yet. Good luck to ya!

9. Wx4Cy

Wx4Cy Well-Known Member

May 22, 2007
    IT Architect
    West Des Moines
    <<crickets chirping>>

10. acrozier22

acrozier22 Well-Known Member

Wait for it.... :biggrin:

11. Wx4Cy

Wx4Cy Well-Known Member

May 22, 2007
    IT Architect
    West Des Moines
    Cutler is good, just not sure you have enough around him.

12. clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    Cutler is way better than Favre (currently)... and at least Cutler knows that he wants to play football.

The Vikes SHOULD have went after Cutler or Cassell IMO. The Vikes would definately be considered a SB caliber team with either of those 2 guys. Favre could potentially destroy this team.

13. Clone9

Clone9 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Boston, MA
    I do not want Favre. I'm so sick of hearing about him, and I think that either TJ or Sage can get the job done.

And no, Cutler doesn't make me scared of the Bears. Who is he gonna throw it to?

14. Clone9

Clone9 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Boston, MA
    I wanted Cutler, and, to be honest, I would take Vick.....just not Favre.

15. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Management/Sales
    Hudson, Iowa
    #15 Bobber, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    I've been a Favre fan for a long time, but even I am tired of his saying I'm retired....and then I change my mind and want to play again.

He may do good things for the Vikes, but then again he may not.

I just remember the last few years for Joe Montana were kinda ugly and it's shaping up that way for Favre.

For the life of me I don't know why he just doesnt' ride off into the sunset. He's got more money than 95% of the people in this country and he's got the Super Bowl ring. What else does he have to prove?

16. Al_4_State

Al_4_State Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Driftless Region
    If Tavaris Jackson is an "average NFL quarterback", I'm a 9 testicled albino giraffe w/Tourette's Syndrome. He is one of the 3 worst starting QBs in the NFL if he is a starter next year. Sage could be about average, Favre would be top 10.

As Kyle said, an average QB makes the Vikes a VERY dangerous team this year. Hell, I'd go out on a limb and say that average QB play makes the most balanced Vikings team I've ever seen.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    T-Jack got beat out by Gus Frerotte for crying out loud. He is a very subpar NFL QB. Sage has yet to have anything but a backup role anywhere, so he is probably not one of the top 20 QBs in the league, although I would love to be proven wrong on that one. Farve was arguably a top 5 QB two seasons ago, so it is certainly possible he could still be top 15. Not sure if he still is, but it would not surprise me.

18. TarHeelHawk

TarHeelHawk Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Beer Guy
    W. Des Moines
    As a Packers fan, having Favre on the Vikings will only make the annual/inevitable Vikings choke job that much more enjoyable.

I'm glad KXNO is carrying Minnesota games this year, so I can hear Paul Allen sobbing into the microphone.

19. Wx4Cy

Wx4Cy Well-Known Member

May 22, 2007
    IT Architect
    West Des Moines
    Why would a packer's fan know that Paul Allen does Vikings radio games? I couldn't even guess who does radio for the Packers. Just sayin'

20. Al_4_State

Al_4_State Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Driftless Region
    You are officially the Lex Luthor to my spectator sport Superman. Damn you, TarHeelHawk. Damn you.

(before someone thinks this was supposed to be abusive, it's intended to be light hearted and comical.)