Question for PsychedClone???

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by lennon3, Apr 25, 2007.

1. lennon3

lennon3 Member

Apr 11, 2006
    #1 lennon3, Apr 25, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
    PsychedClone you seem to have some sources and seem to know a lot about possible recruits and what you think our chances are.... so I am wondering with Zeller exploding on the national scene and a lot of new schools starting to want him do you think we have a legit shot with him any more?

Thanks

2. C.John

C.John Perplexed
    Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Re: Question for Psyclone???

Perhaps you are thinking of PsychedClone?

3. lennon3

lennon3 Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Re: Question for Psyclone???

Can you fix the title of my post so it says the correct name! Thanks for correcting me!

4. Clones85'

Clones85' Just Win Baby

Jan 31, 2007
    I think our chances of landing Zeller now are slim to none. Word is he has really blown up lately and I believe Kentucky just offered him.

He must be really skilled b/c at 7 foot he is only 205 lbs which makes him a rail

5. 9seven

9seven Member

Apr 15, 2006
    College student
    Indianola/Boone
    From what i've read he is holding out for a big offer. Expect him to sign with a big name school such as Kentucky, Kansas, or North Carolina. I don't think the J-hawks or Tarheels have offered, but I doubt he will be a Cyclone.

6. PsychedClone

PsychedClone Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I agree with your assessment of the situation 9seven. North Carolina apparently has offers out to two bigs so they haven't offered Zeller yet. If either of those recruits fail to commit, I expect Zeller will be offered. I do think the three teams 9seven mentions have a far better chance of landing him than ISU. The only thing really working in our favor is that the staff has developed a very good relationship with Tyler. But I doubt that will be enough to lure him to Ames.

7. Jeremy

Jeremy CF Founder
    Staff Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Male
    IT Manager
    Waukee, IA
    I concur with the above comments, Zeller is really one of the elite recruits right now and I think he's probably going to the ACC. Let's be honest, we have a ways to go to be very competitive for all of those types of players but I do think the staff is working the right pipelines to get us there, it just takes time.

8. wheels686

wheels686 Active Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    who are some real possibilities

9. 9seven

9seven Member

Apr 15, 2006
    College student
    Indianola/Boone
  10. PsychedClone

PsychedClone Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I'm cautiously optimistic about the chances of getting Breshers. He may prefer to stay on the West Coast (Washington, Washington State, UCLA). I think Washington State and possibly Miami are his only other offers at this time. He is a high priority in the recruiting effort.

11. Clones85'

Clones85' Just Win Baby

Jan 31, 2007
    You really have to feel good about McD's ability to see talent early on. He has offered multiple players early only to see them blow up on the national scene.

I would love to get a guy like Breshers but I don't see it happening. Even with ISU in the thick of things, he is a west coast guy with offers in the Pac 10. It will be a tough sell for the coaches.

Personally I would love to get Thompson. I don't think he is as skilled as the other two, but he does have a Big 12 body already and I think McD can really mold him into a player that works well withink our system

12. wheels686

wheels686 Active Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    crittle sounds like a good possibility to as he said somewhere that we were one of the schools recruiting him the hardest. i really wish we could get j mison morgan but i dont see him coming here with kansas and kentucky going after him.

13. mkadl

mkadl Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cornfield
    Look what he did last year. He started with a few. He finished with a few. I was not embarrassed with the season. I have have a lot of confidence in the new coach Mac.

14. wheels686

wheels686 Active Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    i wish i knew who we were really going after, we have offered alot of big man, i wonder who out priority is and from there as well?

15. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Purdue fans are convinced he's going to go there or Kansas.

16. JVAR

JVAR Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Mental Health/Corrections
    Eagle Grove, IA
    You really have to feel good about McD's ability to see talent early on. He has offered multiple players early only to see them blow up on the national scene.

I couldn't agree more. Some of the players that McD started recruiting early and then their stock quickly rose were: Jon Leur (Wisconsin), Jared Bergren (Wisconsin), Zeller, Thompson, Breshers, Garrett (now rated 112 best player and thankfully ISU), and now Buckley (Thankfully ISU). He and his assistants have a knack for identifying talent. I hope he sees something in Vette and hopefully we can land either Breshers, Zeller, Thompson, Will Brown, or Crittle. I hope we could land a 7 footer. I am very concerned that we won't top off our class with a good big man. McD seems to pull player from nowhere that no one sees coming (Brister, Staiger, etc). I hope he could do that with a good big guy.