Protecting the QB

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by drmwevr08, Nov 15, 2009.

1. drmwevr08

drmwevr08 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    City Planner
    Omaha, NE
    So, who thinks the rules in the NFL are rediculous? I just saw the worst roughing the QB call I have seen this year to protect Stafford. There was no intent that I can see and I'm not even sure from the angle they showed that he was actually hit in the head. Weak IMO.

2. Clones21

Clones21 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Des Moines
    LMAO that was an amazing play by edwards. He actually flew

3. drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
    City Planner
    Omaha, NE
    I agree, a great play that is illegal to make in this league!

4. dinger

dinger Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    Dallas, TX
    so if you dont intend to grab a guys facemask and rip him to the ground, but you accidentally do, should it not be a 15 yard penalty. that was helmet to helmet and by rule if that happens against any player (not just qb) its a penalty. argue the rule itself if you wish. personally i think thats why they wear helmets...so that they can take hits in the head. but the refs were just correctly enforcing the rule.

5. drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
    City Planner
    Omaha, NE
    If the rule allows no brains to be used by the ref, its not a good rule in this case. I still never saw an angle that showed helmet to helmet. Looked to me like Stafford got pulled down by someone else before that even happened.

6. acgclone

acgclone Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2007
    the rules in the NFL and college have taken away from the game, IMO. You can barely touch a QB now, without drawing a penalty. If you even touch someone who is even close to going out of bounds, it's a flag.