Pregnant lady cravings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mr Janny, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Mr Janny

Mr Janny Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Let's here some stories. What weird stuff did your significant other (or you if you are/were a pregnant female) crave while pregnant? I was at the grocery store once, and texted my pregnant wife to see if she wanted me to pick something up. Her reply? "Bring me a cake. An entire chocolate cake." She really wanted it, too.

...and the real reason for me creating this thread is just an excuse to post this link:
    Keyshia eating nappies addiction: Meet the young mum-to-be who is addicted to eating SOILED NAPPIES - Mirror Online

Enjoy!

2. Angie

Angie square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
    You neglected to mention that she took about four bites, barfed it all up, and then couldn't even look at the rest of it.

I can't stop gagging over the diapers.

3. Mr Janny

Mr Janny Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Yeah, how could I forget the best part? The part where it was all a waste.

4. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    Never saw it happen. Maybe next time.

5. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    How is you getting an entire chocolate cake to yourself a waste? :smile:

6. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    I am really disappointed. Before I opened this thread I thought we were going to learn that Janny was pregnant.

7. cyrevkah

cyrevkah Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Administraive Assistant
    Ames, IA
    Third time is a charm?

8. cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
    Administraive Assistant
    Ames, IA
    I think this time I've had after pregnancy cravings. I really wanted pop or something sweet.

9. tejasclone

tejasclone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Technical Writer
    Austin, TX
    I have a 2-month old at home. My wife didn't really have cravings so much as she had aversions, at least at first. She used to love sweet potatoes and black beans, then a month or two into her pregnancy she got nauseous just thinking about them. Later in the pregnancy she craved red meat constantly, so we made pretty frequent trips to the local burger joint.

Post-pregnancy, she seems to have settled down a little bit, although she's omitted dairy (including soy) from her diet, so she craves cheese and butter but can't have them. She was also already a Celiac so had omitted gluten... which makes an entire chocolate cake a little more difficult to come by.

10. Clonefan32

Clonefan32 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    With our first we went about 2 weeks straight getting a DQ Cookie Dough Blizzard every night. I certainly did not do anything to stop that craving.

11. TruClone

TruClone Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Male
    Eldridge, IA
    My first wife craved Chinese food and slathered a mix of sweet and sour sauce mixed with hot mustard all over it. Got a vasectomy just so I did not have the witness that **** again.

12. cyflier

cyflier Active Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Aren't pregnant women suppose to crave more time in the "bedroom," or is this just an old wise tail? If its true, it is definitely not the case for my wife who is 7 months pregnant.

13. 2020cy

2020cy Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    We literally had Chinese food 4 days a week. She had aversions to hamburger and mushrooms.

14. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Asst. Super.
    Roland
    My wife wouldn't touch Hamburger either. She would pound potato chips like it was her job.

15. cycloneG

cycloneG Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Male
    Software Developer
    Off the grid
    Tomatoes.

This is weird because my wife hates tomatoes when she's not pregnant. When she's pregnant she wants tomatoes on everything. I don't get it. I love tomatoes. I have serious thoughts about having more children simply so I can make meals that include tomatoes. Women are insane.

16. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini

This was true on our first. The following two it was non-existent.

17. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    This error has to be intentional.

18. cowgirl836

cowgirl836 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009

that sounds awesome. Husband already knows that when that day comes for us, we need to buy stock in DQ/Culver's because I will likely try to subsist on ice cream.

And that was a really nasty bait-and-switch by Janny. Normal, normal, normal, EATING ****** DIAPER ALERT.

19. Clonefan94

Clonefan94 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Graphic Designer
    Schaumburg, IL
    My wife didn't have anything overly odd. McDonald's hamburgers though became a staple, which is only strange because my wife never has liked eating anything at McDonald's. The other was a cherry dipped cone from Dairy Queen. One night she is freaking, yelling at me to go get her one, but I was kind of laughing because it was 11pm in February. Not only is it too late for DQ to be open, but our DQ used to only be open from March to November. Anyways, first day it was open again, I bought 2 boxes of the cherry coated dilly bars and hid them in the chest freezer downstairs. This way, when the midnight craving hit, I had the fix ready for her.

20. cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
    Administraive Assistant
    Ames, IA
    If you can still eat it. Your normal likes/dislikes can get messed up.