possibly playing #1

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by rworkman83, Nov 27, 2006.

1. rworkman83

rworkman83 Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Staff Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Male
    Sports Information Dir.
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
  2. gocubs2118

gocubs2118 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Student
    Illinois
    I see them losing to Duke this week.

3. jkoo

jkoo Member

Apr 21, 2006
    student
    1,2,5, or 10 they are going to be insanely tough. especially cuz its there.

4. jgooder

jgooder Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Michigan
    Not that losing is good in any way, but with the RPI, losing on the road isn't as bad as losing at home. So it's probably better that it's at OSU, but this ISU team has character... I wouldn't put it past them to pull an upset.

5. rworkman83

rworkman83 Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Staff Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Male
    Sports Information Dir.
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
    I totally agree. Wouldn't that be something for Mac to take his team on the road and upset them in the first year. I'm loving our 3 new head coaches...

6. jgooder

jgooder Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Michigan
    Yeah, I really don't like to watch our ISU teams lose, but I don't mind so much when you know that nothing was left out on the field or court. I haven't felt that the last couple years. With McDermott and now hopefully Chizek, it seems like we have that "x-factor" (cliche I know) advantage. We have the smartest guy the room for once. ISU, for once, will be one step ahead of our opponent.

Anyway, that's what I hope. We may not win or even have winning records every year, but just to sit back after a game, win or lose, and say "Man, that was a great game.". Lately after games, I'd feel like I'd been beat up, robbed, only to come home to find out my puppy ran away.

7. galles15

galles15 Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Golf Course Maintenence
    Ames, orginally from Remsen, IA
    This team like someone else does show a lot of character. They play hard until the end and they actually play like a TEAM this year, so I feel we have a chance at winning this game over OSU. Mc Dermott has shown a lot of improvment in the team from last year and I feel that will pay off in the tough games this season.

8. ISU_phoria

ISU_phoria Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Construction Project Mana
    Andover, MN
    I love the way the Bball program is heading. I really expect some good things to come. However, we are still very young and inexperienced. We are quite weak down low....it'll be great to get Hubalek back.

While I think OSU will win the game, because we have a guy who really knows how to prepare and coach a team, I think it won't be a blowout......If we still had Morgan, I think ISU would lose by 20+.

Go Clones!

9. Cydar

Cydar Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Duke plays Indiana. Ohio State plays North Carolina. Should be a fun game...