Poll: What would you say the chances of beating Michigan on Sunday are at this time?

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by dahliaclone, Nov 12, 2013.

?

Chances of Iowa State beating Michigan

1. < 25%

24 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. 26% - 50%

118 vote(s)
    52.7%
  3. 51% - 75%

66 vote(s)
    29.5%
  4. 76% -100%

16 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. dahliaclone

dahliaclone Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Assume what we know about Ejim...he may play in limited minutes.

2. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    Re: Poll: What would you say the chances of beating Michigan on Sunday are at this ti

Either way, it's in Hilton. The place is a death trap for ranked teams.

3. awd4cy

awd4cy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    Re: Poll: What would you say the chances of beating Michigan on Sunday are at this ti

There isn't an option for 110%. That is what I vote for.

4. TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
    Systems Programmer
    Madison, WI

KenPom, which factors in home court advantage but not injuries, has ISU at 51%. Sounds about right to me, even with injury issues on both sides.

5. Clones21

Clones21 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Des Moines

Pretty good IMO. Hilton is a tough place to win in for the visiting team.

6. cmjh10

cmjh10 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Iowa Falls

50-50

We will either win, or we wont.

7. Jonecy

Jonecy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Creative Thinker
    3.5 Hours From Trice

Fred's teams are 49-7 @ Hilton. The team is pretty young and inexperienced, but it'll take a solid effort from Michigan to take this one in Hilton. BE LOUD CROWD!!! :) DICKIE V. IN DA HOUSE!!!

8. cyclones500

cyclones500 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Male
    writer/editor
    Michigan

I almost went with 25-or-less, but it seems more like 26-50. (i.e., can't see worse than 3-games-to-1 in best-of-5 series).

Remove McGarry/Ejim status for a moment.

* Beilein teams occasionally under-achieve on the road (historically promising situation for Hilton Magic vs. legit teams).
    * ISU's largely unproven roster has been untested (but left little doubt in early games).
    * U-M schedule has been weak so far (but left little doubt in early games).
    * U-M was national runner-up — had key roster losses.
    * ISU was Round-of-32 — had key roster losses.
    * Fred team in November figures to be somewhat less-effective than Fred-in-February.
    * Prominent TV-coverage stage builds excitement, but Longtime ISU Fandom gives me smidgen of uncertainty.

Sounds about 50-50 to me.

9. NATEizKING

NATEizKING Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Hilton

I would have voted for an even 50%, but since that wasn't an option and I've always been glass at least half full, I went with 51-75%.

10. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica

I think this team is gelling more quickly than our other November squads. I don't think past years have any significance on this season in that regard.

Hilton will be crazy. Threes will be falling. We win one by about 7, and just might see that # by our name, like #24 or #25.

11. peteypie

peteypie Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2007

most everyone will be in two categories between 25 and 75%. Maybe you should have broke it down more in those ranges.

12. BallSoHard4Cy

BallSoHard4Cy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Des Moines

Had to go <25%. I just don't think we're ready yet, and without Ejim? I don't like the odds. But I'll still be supporting and hoping for the best!

13. alarson

alarson Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Advertising sales
    Ankeny

I'll never give us <50% chance to win as long as its in hilton and hoiball is still in effect.

Nobody yet has had a big blowout win of us in hilton in his entire tenure, and when you can keep it close that means you always have a chance.

14. timappelgate

timappelgate Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Golf Course Pro Shop
    Cedar Falls, IA

Will McGary play for Michigan? That will determine a lot.

15. CyFan61

CyFan61 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010

I think Monte Morris steals the show and goes off against his home state's school.

16. timappelgate

timappelgate Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Golf Course Pro Shop
    Cedar Falls, IA

And Rashad runs to Fred at half court and screams his commitment.

17. MartyFine

MartyFine Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Warren Co., IA

Johnny Orr in the house. Vitale's first game at Hilton. RV visiting (among others).

Also, one does not simply waltz into Hilton...

18. demoncore1031

demoncore1031 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2008
    Musician
    Albuquerque,NM

Unless said ranked team has refs in their pocket!!

19. Thomasrickj

Thomasrickj Active Member

Feb 26, 2012
    General Contractor
    Fairfax, VA

Why does everyone here assume that because of us taking time to gel in the past two years that again it'll be the case this season? That's one of the things that annoys me about so many CF posters. Our only player that sat out last season was SDW, and he doesn't play many minutes to begin with. Kane and Hogue played competitive college level ball last year and it's obvious that they're both tuned up and ready. Just because we're "young and inexperienced" doesn't mean that it's going to take until January for this team to find its niche. I really think we have one of Fred's best teams yet and will put up a great game against the Wolverines and should come out victorious, with or without Ejim. Our offense is great and we would be averaging around 100 points a game (I don't care who you play, that's impressive) if we didn't pull our starters out with 5 minutes to go because we're winning by 35 points. This Cyclone team can run and gun.

Naz proved in the first game that he can be a sharpshooter. When he couldn't make his shots in the second game, EVERY OTHER STARTER and Morris picked up the slack for him. We're balanced and have a special team. Expect a nailbiter and a Cyclone victory on Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Cheddar Production
    DSM

The options were slightly odd but I think there's a 50/50 chance we win or we lose, but I'm a pragmatist.