Points of the Day

Discussion in 'Football' started by kingcy, Aug 8, 2008.

1. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa
    #1 kingcy, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
    Dont get to pumped for a good season just yet, players doing good in practice is good but remember AI's famous words, Its only Practice. I think ISU will have a decent season, but as of now I am going to say they will be lucky to go 6-6. There are a lot of winnable games and if they play their cards right good things can happen.

After your Iowa friends tell you how great Iowa is going to be since they looked so good in practice an the BTN people said they will be good; remember to tell them it is just practice and remind them they dont have a proven RB, their DC doesnt think there is such a thing as a spread o, there great D has to learn how to cover on passing downs, when ISU had a O-line that was suppose to kick butt and take names a few years ago they gave up 40some sacks (I dont know how a line can be thought of as going to be good after there play last year), and it is hard for QB to complete passes laying on his back.

As for the power ranking that are now everywhere. I think ISU will prove people wrong on having them ranked 22 or 12 or 78 or whatever. This team may not win many games but they are not going to roll over and teams will be in for a battle against them. Mindset is very important in sports and the mindset is changing in Ames. Dont worry that Iowa is ahead of ISU in the power rankings here in about a month ISU will prove they belong ahead of Iowa. If the rankers dont rank ISU ahead of Iowa at that point then you can complain all you want.

Lastly I am tierd of hearing how good teams like Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, and Notre Dame will be when and ISU is going to be very bad. Lets play the games and prove these guys wrong.

2. Wx4Cy

Wx4Cy Well-Known Member

May 22, 2007
    IT Architect
    West Des Moines
    Wasn't that Iverson?

• Like Like x 1
  3. SeattleClone

SeattleClone Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Yes

• Like Like x 1
  4. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa

Oops I thought TO said it. I will change it thanks guys.

5. SeattleClone

SeattleClone Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2006
    I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure TO has THOUGHT it many times...

6. CrossCyed

CrossCyed Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Oh, I do stuff
    Iowa
    We talkin' bout practice.

7. tim_redd

tim_redd Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Ankeny
    Not a game.

8. ISU_Alum_2000

ISU_Alum_2000 All-Star

Oct 21, 2006
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Not the game that I love.

9. Landshark

Landshark Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Ankeny, IA
    Excellent post kingcy, I'm set on 4 or 5 wins, but there won't be any quit in these guys and that bodes well for the future.

10. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI"]YouTube - Iverson Practice![/ame]

• Like Like x 1