Podcasts unavailable

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I've submitted a couple of note to the site mentioning I'm not able to open any podcasts since the site changeover . . . there is not even a button that leads to a podcast. Over the years, I've never heard back from any of my technical difficulties. Disappointing.

So, maybe other users here might have solutions. I'm using the latest Firefox on OS Pro 7. If anyone wishes to put forward a helping hand, I would appreciate it.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I've submitted a couple of note to the site mentioning I'm not able to open any podcasts since the site changeover . . . there is not even a button that leads to a podcast. Over the years, I've never heard back from any of my technical difficulties. Disappointing.

So, maybe other users here might have solutions. I'm using the latest Firefox on OS Pro 7. If anyone wishes to put forward a helping hand, I would appreciate it.

As I noted in the thread yesterday, your post (I literally took a screen shot of that specific post) has been reported to our tech team.

Take a look at the attached screen shot. This is how it should look. It allows you to play the podcast within that page or if you click the white box with the arrow pointing down in the upper right hand corner of the page, that allows you to download it.

If you could send me a screenshot of how your page works that will be help fix this issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 9.51.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 9.51.46 AM.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 8

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA

We've had a lot of issues reportered over the past week, a lot of them regarding podcast download issues. We are well aware of the issues and are working hard to fix them.

I would suggest trying another browser (maybe Chrome or Explorer on OS7). If that doesn't work, let me know.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Just tried to post a reply with screenshot, I don't see it. I'll try again, at least with the screen shot. Thanks.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I hit the "Upload A File" button, go to Browse, select the screen shot from my desktop, then hit the Black bar "Upload" button. Next screen is the "Upload A File" one previously shown, and below that is the name of the screen shot with the word "Delete." I do not find it posted to the board.

If you wish, I will send the screen shot via email. . . .

(Arrrgh! I SAVED this post and the screen shot is there! I'm having trouble with the operation sequence, I guess.)

Attachments

• CF screen shot.jpg
    CF screen shot.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 8

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
We've had a lot of issues reportered over the past week, a lot of them regarding podcast download issues. We are well aware of the issues and are working hard to fix them.

I would suggest trying another browser (maybe Chrome or Explorer on OS7). If that doesn't work, let me know.

Are there still people not using Chrome? ;)

Reactions: GTO and JStanz51

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Are there still people not using Chrome? ;)

I work with CAD CAM software daily, my bean brain is at its straining point with that stuff. . . . Chrome. Is it a standalone browser? Something makes me think it might be an overlay, like it runs on Firefox?

If you'd give me some insight about Chrome, I'd much appreciate it. Thank you.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
I work with CAD CAM software daily, my bean brain is at its straining point with that stuff. . . . Chrome. Is it a standalone browser? Something makes me think it might be an overlay, like it runs on Firefox?

If you'd give me some insight about Chrome, I'd much appreciate it. Thank you.

I also use CAD off and on for work, the world changes so fast though.

Chrome is a standalone browser that you can download for free from Google's website. Its much faster and more secure than most other browsers. You can just get rid of firefox and explorer afterwords. Chrome seems to handle modern websites and multimedia better. I haven't had any issues yet listening to podcasts on the new site using chrome, so hopefully you have the same experience!

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I also use CAD off and on for work, the world changes so fast though.

Chrome is a standalone browser that you can download for free from Google's website. Its much faster and more secure than most other browsers. You can just get rid of firefox and explorer afterwords. Chrome seems to handle modern websites and multimedia better. I haven't had any issues yet listening to podcasts on the new site using chrome, so hopefully you have the same experience!

I agree with this. Give it a shot, Valley. You are the only person reporting that specific podcast issue so my gut says it is on your end, however it has still been reported and I'll let you know if we learn anything over here.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I agree with this. Give it a shot, Valley. You are the only person reporting that specific podcast issue so my gut says it is on your end, however it has still been reported and I'll let you know if we learn anything over here.

It must be at my end. I'll work on it. Thanks.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Update: Found a Firefox Add-On that prevented the podcast from appearing on the page. My fault, of course (I've pretty much ignored browser operation, hating to mess with it).

Should someone there wish to information about the problem add-on, here it is:

YesScript 2.1.1-signed.1-signed
by Jason Barnabe

YesScript A JavaScript blacklist.YesScript lets you make a blacklist of sites that aren't allowed to run JavaScript. Use YesScript on sites that annoy you or hog your system resources. One click to the icon in the status bar turns scripts on or off for the current site.

Unlike NoScript, YesScript does absolutely nothing to improve your security. I believe that Firefox is secure enough by default and that blocking all scripts by default is paranoia. YesScript strives to remove hassles from your browsing experience, rather than add them.