Phog Allen Questions

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by WIB, Dec 26, 2013.

1. WIB

WIB Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Male
    Ames
    A couple of my friends and I are going to be attending the game at Phog Allen on January 29th. I've never been there and am hoping a few people on here have been. Is there an Iowa State section and where is it and how do I buy tickets in that section? Also I've been looking at general Addison tickets and I'm confused on how that all works. If anyone has any suggestions or answers please let me know.

2. CyTwins

CyTwins Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    I went last year with my dad and got the 2 for $50 tickets (General Admission) since the students were gone and we got there two hours before tip and the line was already started but we ended up getting pretty good seats. I got general admission tickets again for us this year but I don't know how it will work since students are there. Last year I believe we sat in the student section

3. mtowncyclone13

mtowncyclone13 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    grundy center
    I've been there - we snuck in the student section and had pop spilled on us, popcorn thrown at us, etc.

That was the game where KU was given three bonus points by the refs. I will always remember it.

It gets loud in there and pretty rowdy - good times - hope you have thick skin

4. WIB

WIB Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Male
    Ames
    basically I'm debating paying 120 a ticket for reserved seats that are a few sections to the left of the backboard. Section 2a I believe. Or getting general admissions. What you think I should do?

5. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    You'll love it. Their video presentations are stunning.
    There likely won't be an ISU section. You guys are on your own there.

The environment is insane. My ears are actually ringing a little just thinking about it.

6. CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    I just bought the GA ones when they came available since I figured we could just get there early enough to get in line for it. The seats we had last year weren't bad. Looking at this chart IIRC we were around section 8 or 9. I don't know if thats the regular GA seats though since the students were gone

Allen Fieldhouse Seating Chart, Allen Fieldhouse Tickets, Allen Fieldhouse Maps

7. CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    Yeah their waving the wheat thing is pretty stupid but there pregame video was insane. We had quite a few ISU fans around us so that helped but it's quite the experience

8. LindenCy

LindenCy Keep and Pride - It works
    Staff Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Writer
    Chicago, IL
    Bring delouser.

9. CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    The phrase "Conference Play Begins. Expectations Rise Now." remains in my mind. There's not doubt what they play for at Kansas.

10. cmjh10

cmjh10 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Iowa Falls
    Sit right behind the Kansas bench

11. CyBraveBear

CyBraveBear Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Male
    Olathe
    Went to my first game there in Hoiberg's first year. I'm glad I went but it was not a pretty game and those benches are not comfortable at all. Enjoy the game and bring us home a win

12. cyhawkdmb

cyhawkdmb Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Insurance
    CB
    The Phog has General Admission?? Seriously??

13. wonkadog

wonkadog Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Ames, IA
    It's way up in the corners on benches that look like they took them from the local middle school's gym (well that's how it was about 10 years ago).

14. Yes, and it works pretty well. Seats for Georgetown were sold for $80. It is basically student section overflow that they sell 2-6 weeks prior to the game that they know won't be occupied by students. It serves as a way for their fans who can't afford season tickets to at least see one game.

15. GA is fine if you get there early... 90 minutes early to be precise. Otherwise you may get stuck up high with a risk of hitting your head on a rafter.

16. CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    Same way now.
    It works. I really didn't mind that.

17. Exactly, it has a very cool aura about it, and the fans support their team incredibly well. Its flat out daunting as an opponent, having been to two ISU games there.

18. ken

ken Member

Dec 28, 2008
    It's just another gym.

19. CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    Their Hall of Fame sort of thing on the way in is a must-see.
    It's worth seeing all of the KU basketball history, and fun to think of all the historic teams, players, and coaches that we've knocked off.

20. CRAZYGREG

CRAZYGREG Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Des Moines

Attached Files: