OU Internal Emails Regarding Realignment

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by CycloneJL, Nov 7, 2011.

1. CycloneJL

CycloneJL Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Williamsburg, IA

A lot of pushing to get San Diego State into the conference. Interesting quote on page 42:

"I thought you might be interested in this is information as you all consider membership
    possibilities. Your league office will be contacted by Fox to advocate San Diego State’s candidacy"

2. megamanxzero35

megamanxzero35 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Is that THE Bob Dole?

To: Boren, David L.
    Subject: Big XII
    Date: Monday, September 12, 2011 4:11:32 PM
    David,
    I was unable to reach you by phone last Friday and I’m not in the office but a few minutes today.
    My message is that I hope OU is going to stick with the “Big XII.” The central part of the country
    can support its own conference. The Big XII is geographically balanced and there has been steady
    growth and heritage from the Big 6 to the Big 8 to the present Big 12 Conference. OU is the 800-
    pound gorilla and your support is critical. Thank you for your consideration David.
    Have a good day.
    BOB

3. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa
    Ehh...don't care much anymore.

4. CycloneJL

CycloneJL Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Williamsburg, IA
    I believe it is (he is from Kansas).

5. QBUMizzou

QBUMizzou Member

Jul 21, 2011
    That's some mighty fine reading and serves to squash this ridiculous notion that OU is committed to the Big 12-2-1+1+1-1.

6. cyfan15

cyfan15 Active Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Dole was a Kansas senator. Makes sense that he would try to keep the Big 12 together. He and Boren were in the Senate together.

7. driegner

driegner Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Student
    Columbus, OH
    For the love of God. Go away.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrossCyed

CrossCyed Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Oh, I do stuff
    Iowa
    So I'm sure when you read it, you noticed where all of this stuff is from late August and early September before the Pac-12 window closed.

Your act is as tired as your University's whoring itself out to the Big Ten and then the SEC. If you want to go through this whole self-masturbatory charade, taking joy in some sort of imagined schadenfreude, I'd suggest you do it elsewhere. Whether or not the Big 12 actually survives or actually falls apart, sleep well knowing that Missouri has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to slow the destruction of college football through conference realignment.

9. WhatchaGonnaDo

WhatchaGonnaDo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    Leave. Now.

10. HoopsTournament

HoopsTournament Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Male
    Consulting Actuary
    St. Joseph, MO
    Please show me anything other than a bunch of e-mails from irrational fans that want out of the Big 12. There was nothing from OU administration that said they were not committed to the Big 12. Boren's interview was already public information.

You lose, but thanks for playing. Try again.

11. RhoadsRage

RhoadsRage I AM SO PROUD....

Jan 25, 2010
    student
    McGregor
    This.

This.

And This!

12. Incyte

Incyte Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Unfortuntately you can't argue with dumb.

The thought of Bob Dole using a computer made me chuckle.

13. CyPlainsDrifter

CyPlainsDrifter Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    #15 CyPlainsDrifter, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    You know .... we never really liked you guys when you were in the conference, but we always felt we had to put up with you since you were sort of family .... kind of like the 32 year old half-wit mostly "special" second cousin who was always at the Christmas dinner picking his nose at the table. Now that you have quit on the B12, please also quit on all things B12 and get the hell out of here and go suck up to those cheaters in the SEC that will be sodomizing mizzou FB for the next decade.

14. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    My favorite:

Hahaha.

15. everyyard

everyyard Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    So what is your point other than being a ******. Is the BigXII the most stable conference in the country? No, but a good deal of that is thanks to your craphole of an institution. Are you saying we should leave? We don't have TV's so where would you have us go. Are you bragging about your SEC spot? I would much rather be in a somewhat unstable BigXII than a stable SEC and THAT IS THE TRUTH. My conclusion is you are just here thinking your team did something that we must all really covet and you are here to gloat. Well, we all know this thing isn't perfect, but it is all we have for now and we are going to support it. Time for you to get a life. You didn't seem to care about ISU when you were part of the XII, so why now. And why ISU. You find the most disadvantaged school in the conference as far as tradition, money, TV, climate, etc and thump your chest at us? HELLO! We have been more successful than you in the BigXII in combined sports. We know what it is like to be the furthest north team in a southern based conference and have known it for 100 years. We do what we do in spite of that and guess what? You will soon get to find this out too. So, if you are looking for congratulations, here it is. Congratulations. You saved yourself from relevence. But, at least you are safe from the big bad BigXII. Adios, *******.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yellow Snow

Yellow Snow Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Can I ask you an honest question?

Why are you here? What are you looking for?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

17. driegner

Jun 9, 2010
    Student
    Columbus, OH

[​IMG]

18. driegner

Jun 9, 2010
    Student
    Columbus, OH
    Isn't it interesting we never heard from these a-holes until conference realignment? This is a flagrant act of trolling us because we're the "most unfortunate" of the B12's members.

It's the equivalent of that half-wit avoiding all family functions until he gets a hot gold-digging trophy wife.