OT: Destiny vote

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by 83Clone, Jul 9, 2007.

1. 83Clone

83Clone Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    Don't vote no, vote HELL NO!!!

This is a scam, and there is no assurance they would use the money for bike paths and Art shows.

Keep the money out of the local government's hands-if we want more bike paths, let's raise money for bike paths without the government adding layers to the process.

2. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    Technically there is assurance that the money will be used for what it has been talked about. Because the description is right in the referendum so it HAS to be used for the purposes they lay out otherwise its an illegal tax.

That said, it's still just giving the government more control of your money. I agree with you...if a bunch of bike trail lovers want to raise money for trail improvements, there are plenty of people willing to contribute to that cause. Please just don't make people who could care less about them help pay for it.

I already voted this morning and would encourage everyone to vote in Dallas, Polk, and Warren counties today. For one of the few times, we have a direct say in the amount of money the government takes from us.

3. cloneluke80

cloneluke80 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    West Des Moines, IA
    I voted hell no and I believe it will lose miserably. There were a lot of people at the poll this morning, and none of them looked excited for yet another tax!!

Pick one kind of tax, I dont care which one, income, sales, property, death, but when you get us from every which way, we grow tired of it....