OT-another myth uncovered

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by 83Clone, Mar 2, 2007.

1. 83Clone

83Clone Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    "Neither rain nor sleet nor gloom of night" or something like that is the Post Office motto. Well I live in town and I didn't get mail today, so it's time for a new slogan.

2. HiltonMagic

HiltonMagic Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    CA
    The U.S. Postal Service does not actually have an official motto. It is frequently assumed that the motto is: “Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.” However, this inscription was placed on the General Post Office building in New York by the architects and is not their official motto.

3. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    We actually got mail today, I was suprised. Usually we only get the mail 5 times a week, because every week seems to have at least one dead presidents bday and no one gets as many days off as a postman.

4. CyGal

CyGal Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2006
    WDM
    No mail for us today, either. Though I'm not suprised, there probably wasn't any to get. All entrances and exits to this town were closed off last night, so the mail probably couldn't get to the post office here. Oh well, just less junk mail to throw away and bills to pay for a day.

5. chadm

chadm Giving it a go

Apr 11, 2006
    Midwest
    Is there anything that you like or approve of?
    Most of your posts are degrading someone or something that another poster likes.
    Tonight it is postmen and Budweiser. :no6xn:

6. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    #6 brianhos, Mar 2, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
    I like-aah you!

7. CloneFan65

CloneFan65 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Math Professor
    Phoenix, AZ
    Cliff? Is that you?

[​IMG]

8. Nedrick

Nedrick Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Graphic Designer
    Carroll, IA
    We haven't had mail since Wednesday. If Mr. Postman comes tomorrow, he might have to carry 2 bags!

9. clonefarmer

clonefarmer Member

Apr 16, 2006
    We've only missed two days--last Friday, which was awful of course, and the previous Saturday. That day the road grader had gone by and left like a 2 foot wall of snow in front of the box and I hadn't cleaned it away like usual. We sat and watched as the mailman drove up, decided he couldn't reach it and drove off. He would have had to get out of the car you know. I don't know if the fact he's a big Hawk fan has anything to do with it.

10. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    We missed two days. The paperman did better. He only missed one day, plus he tossed iit up to my garage door as he drove by. HE IS GOOD.