OPI on Franklin

Discussion in 'Football' started by isubeatle, Oct 26, 2010.

1. isubeatle

isubeatle Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Web Designer
    Des Moines
    I've watched that replay a few times now and i still don't get why he was called for OPI. From what i can see, he never touched anyone at all.

Was that just a total BS call or did he do something that the untrained person wouldn't notice? and it would have to be something before Lenz caught the ball right? Otherwise it'd have been some kind of blocking penalty right?

sorry if this has already been discussed and i missed it.

2. d4nim4l

d4nim4l Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Analyst
    West Des Moines, IA
    From what I can tell it should have been called on Darks, if at all. Defender made contact first but Darks used his hands after, so it probably drew the flag.

3. tazclone

tazclone Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2006
    I agree with this. Except it looked like Darks was trying to make an inside move and the DB hit him to stop the move. No matter if it was Darks or Fanklin, it was a BS call and one of many

4. Cyhart

Cyhart Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Des Moines
    It was complete and utter ********! The ref was wearing burnt orange panties.

5. TheCity

TheCity Active Member

Jul 8, 2008
    The City, VA to CA
    Darks said they called it on him...

6. PGreen ISU '92

PGreen ISU '92 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Male
    Waukee, IA
    Coach Rhoads said on the radio call-in show on Monday that the penalty was on Darius Darks and not Collin Franklin. The referee called the wrong number. Coach Rhoads said he could not comment on whether or not he agreed with the call. He would get fined if he blasted the officials publically.