Only in the US... Gas shortage leads to fights, threatens college football in South

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Flag Guy, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Flag Guy

Flag Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
  2. Iastfan112

Iastfan112 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Re: Only in the US... Gas shortage leads to fights, threatens college football in Sou

Yeah according to an acquaintance of mine thru a MMORG it the people down there mostly to blame, they will get down to like 2/3rds of a tank and go flock to a gas station, causing huge lines just because of the fear of not having enough gas, he says its a little ridiculous.

3. Flag Guy

Flag Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
    Re: Only in the US... Gas shortage leads to fights, threatens college football in Sou

Fear breeds fear I guess... I've also seen the term "Self fullfilling prophecy" used

4. illinoiscyclone

illinoiscyclone Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Student
    Ames

didnt opec just cut production to combat falling prices? that paired with the recent hurricanes, it was bound to happen.

5. Iastfan112

Iastfan112 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2006

I read that they didn't cut production as they viewed the threat of high oil prices more likely to trigger a large economic slowdown which would in turn decrease the oil used.