OMG!!! This thread is priceless

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by jmb, Oct 31, 2007.

1. jmb

jmb Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    #1 jmb, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
    Can't even put words to this...yeah exactly what I think of when I think of University of Iowa: classy

Scout.com: Iowa Forums List

j
    p.s. Mod's will you please get this in the right forum...

2. HILLCYD

HILLCYD Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Quick! Call the authorities! There is obviously something contaminating the water in Iowa City. The people there have finally lost their minds.

3. DMBclone

DMBclone Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Kansas City, MO
    That is classic. I use to be in the marching band and two years ago when the ISU Iowa game was in Ames I got heckled by Iowa fans at numerous occasions while at my home stadium. Thats pretty sad

4. neo

neo Member

Aug 23, 2007
    The trashiest?

5. keepngoal

keepngoal Jobless Jerk
    Staff Member

Jun 20, 2006
    They have been delusional for some time now... This only verifies where they are ... and probably will be for a long, long time.

-keep.

6. Cyclone62

Cyclone62 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Oldpeopleville
    You can "prove" how classy a fanbase is with research?

7. cstrunk

cstrunk Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Field Engineer
    Tyler, TX
    Who in the world would call the Iowa fanbase classy? Everything I hear from other Big 10 schools is that they hate Iowa almost as much as most of us do. Who conducted this "research," a UofI graduate??

8. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    SouthernHawk must have. He is one of these people that think Iowa fans are classy and only a small minority are not. Which everyone...not just ISU fans...knows is totally untrue.

9. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Jeff Dunham (the ventriloquist) and friends' response to this:

Jose JalapeƱo (on a steeck): Do duh doo doo do duh doo doo (Twilight zone theme)
    Peanut: Imagine if you will...

10. 4429 mcc

4429 mcc Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Wall Street
    Somebody told a hawk fan that they put the @ss in class, so through their 3rd grade education decided @ss made up the majority of the word class: therefore made them the fan base with the most class.

11. jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    I just find it funny the fanbase calls itself classy when Michigan and Ohio St fans have to go to the Texas message boards and apologize for the influx of Iowa fans that joined their site to tell the Longhorns how much they suck and how they were going to get steamrolled in the Alamo Bowl last year.

12. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Wisconsin paper statement - Iowa has classiest fans (better than Ducks and Longhorns) according to a blog. What blog? Some of the blogs I have read might not be defensible in this regard.

Ok, what is their next inside observational statement? That Frank Solich is going to take back Nebraska? That Woody Hayes was the best coach? That Hayden Fry would have won without painting the pink walls?

13. AirWalke

AirWalke Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Des Moines
    This is too funny. I've heard from numerous USC fans how much they hated the Iowa fans at the Orange Bowl... likewise with the Texas and Florida fans who have had the unfortunate experience of meeting said Iowa fans at their bowl games.

Again, not all of them are bad, but it seems like the Big Ten as a whole has a bunch of egotistical fans who love to slam each other, as well as any school that they're playing.

14. bellzisu

bellzisu Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Agriculture
    Norwalk

I have never heard a good thing mentioned about Iowa fans anywhere on the web. I think its funny though cause with the lack of success in sports this year, at least now they have something to hang their hat on.

Kinda like the Best Sportsmanship Trophy in High School always went to a losing team. Ironic.. huh...

15. DaddyMac

DaddyMac Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    2 things

1) I went to the ISU/iowa game in Ia City last year - the fans there are anything but classy. In fact, the majority that I saw in our section of the stadium can be referred to with a few other adjectives that will be filtered - so I won't even try. Viscious heckling of players and fans, throwing stuff on the players coming on and off the field to the lockerrooms. It can be compared to your average WWE live event.

2) 3 whole posts on that site, in that thread? Looks like hawk fans don't even buy into that load of crap.

16. Cybone

Cybone Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Systems Enginerd
    Austin, TX
    Isn't this the same group of people that threw a pig's head on the field during a game once?

Isn't this the same group of fans that were hitting the other team with rocks prior to a game?

The definition of "classy" must change radically once you get east of Ames...

17. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    You know what is priceless? That we have more threads talking about the Hawkeyes than we do about Kansas State... :realmad:

18. jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    I think the Dog Pound in Cleveland has a classier fan base than those found in Iowa City. Well, at least more reputable...

19. HILLCYD

HILLCYD Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    DEM HAWKS IS LIKE SCHOOL IN SUMMER......

20. Flag Guy

Flag Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
    No one probally bothered to really read that blog...

He listed them in no particular order. He stated that his list does not account for every team, only places he has been on the road when M was playing them. His basis for comparing teams was to how he was treated in Columbus Ohio... (there is your first clue that this is bull****), and some Hawkeyes bought a pitcher a beer to drink with them while they shot the ****.

Their big heads just got a little bigger... on nothing but empty air