Old movies remakes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dave19642006, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Dave19642006

Dave19642006 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2006
    Corporate Knuckledragger
    Des Moines
    I watched some old movies and I was wondering with this new computer generated stuff, on how cool the movie could be now.

Would love to see Patton redone, or The Longest Day, Space 1999 I belive it was. I know you can never replace the actors though

2. NewCoke

NewCoke Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Grad Student
    Lawrence, KS
    The reason I think this is a bad idea is Planet of the Apes. The only way you could do it is George Lucas style where you keep the same footage but enhance the special effects, and even that I wasn't a big fan of. However, it wasn't nearly as bad as the Planet of the Apes remake.

3. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Haven't they already remade everything twice? I would prefer that an influx of talented writers so they could perhaps come up with something original.

4. AIT

AIT Well-Known Member

May 29, 2008
    Johnston, IA
    Yep. Just look at the summer releases and you'll see that Hollywood has no trouble finding old ideas to rehash.

5. Cyclones_R_GR8

Cyclones_R_GR8 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Omaha
    +1

6. Cyclone42

Cyclone42 Guest

Acting is only part of what makes a good movie or TV show good. There is also writing, directing, long-term character development, etc. For example, the original Battlestar Galactica had really good actors, but the remake was an improvement in writing and character development.

TV shows I'd like to see brought back include Magnum PI (preferably a movie, with Owen Wilson), and the Rockford Files. I'd also like to see another try at a movie or TV adaptation of the Martian Chronicles (the first sucked).

7. Zaux

Zaux Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Des Moinea
    #7 Zaux, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
    i completely agree, i'd just add that probably the best remake of a movie is Heat, but i dont know if that counts considering Michael Mann made the original movie as well( L.A. Takedown)