***Official NCAA Round of 32 Day 1 Thread***

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Man I wish Elgin Cook would have been able to come to ISU. He is a Ejim clone only stronger. I like watching him play.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I agree. North Carolina is very beatable - we have a good draw and chance to move on. Heels are a #6 seed for a reason. They've played awful heading into the NCAA's, and then were very lucky to beat Providence.
Winning 13 out of the last 15 is awful? Playing a team in the second round that was ranked ahead of you on Selection Sunday and is loaded with talent is not a good draw- not when there are 5 and 6 seeds like UMass and SLU. Sure, UNC had some games were they did not play to their ability, but that is why they are not a 2 or 3 seed, and why they are a horrible draw as a 6-seed.

Last edited:

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I somewhat fear a really good zone team without Niang around, but I'd also be interested to see what Hoiberg draws up to attack it now that they are short a key piece.

In the last game with Baylor though, there was far too many poor passes inside to Niang though.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Winning 13 out of the last 15 is awful?

If you look at what comprises that 13 of 15, it's not that impressive. Even the Duke and Pitt wins don't look as good as they did before hand.

It's just like when ISU fans were putting their nut cups over their brains about NCC's 20 game win streak. They beat nobody of consequence during that streak, yet a lot of ISU fans were preparing themselves for Hampton 2.0. And while they were bracing for humiliation, ISU was putting the game away early in the second half.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
126 inches of HDTV in the living room is nice and all for march madness...but the real show stopper has been the old 19" tube TV for some major throw-downs in Tecmo Bowl with my buddies.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
In shot-clock era, the lowest average per team score in the Round of 32 is 65.03 - set in 2012. So far in the first 4 games, the average score is 59.25. And Syracuse/Dayton is not helping raise that.

Oregon already scored more in first half than ND State and Pitt did whole game.

Last edited:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Winning 13 out of the last 15 is awful? Playing a team in the second round that was ranked ahead of you on Selection Sunday and is loaded with talent is not a good draw- not when there are 5 and 6 seeds like UMass and SLU. Sure, UNC had some games were they did not play to their ability, but that is why they are not a 2 or 3 seed, and why they are a horrible draw as a 6-seed.
Kinda think UNC stumbled into the NCAA's. In their last four games:
They looked awful against a bad Notre Dame team at Chapel Hill - and won by 2.
They lost at Duke - you know the overrated team that just lost to Mercer?
They looked awful in losing to Pitt in the ACC tournament.
They looked awful against Providence - did not play like strong 6 seed at all. If you watched the game, you know they should have lost.
We have a great draw - the name says North Carolina, but the play on the floor does not. Don't make them out to be better than they are.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
T on Bo Ryan for arguing a non-call when imo the foul should have been called on the Wisconsin guy since the Oregon guy had position

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
But Erik said "will be" counting your chickens early Erik :smile:

Personally I want Creighton OUT of the tourney