****Official ISU vs. Kansas State Post Game Thread****

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Probably, but who knows what Brown said. Replays seemed to show the ball hit backboard before Solomon blocked it. Should have been goaltending. But play went on, ISU had the ball at the other end, was fouled and shot 2 FT.

When KSU had the ball back, Brown said something to refs and got T'd up. Announcers assumed it was about goaltending call, but who knows what he said. It wasn't right after the missed call.
It looked like goal tending from my seat as well. Brown clearly commented about it. He played his best game in long time. I was proud of him.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
It looked like goal tending from my seat as well. Brown clearly commented about it. He played his best game in long time. I was proud of him.

Replays clearly showed it was goaltending also. The refs just blew the call, it happens, sometimes we get away with stuff, sometimes it goes the other way.

• Informative
Reactions: surly

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
As I said before, if D.J. doesn't play, K-State is doomed [sic]. Plus, ISU's guards are so much better. It's like playing the JV at times for Morris.

So, no surprise in the outcome. K-State could easily lose out and coach Weber will be gone. We start all over again. Oh boy, what fun.

As for ISU, I don't have to tell you how good Young was last night. The future is bright for him and this squad, if he can produce like that the rest of the year.

I don't think you guys will lose out by any stretch. I don't think they're quite as good as we thought they were coming into our first match up with them, but they're not as bad as they're playing now either. Getting Johnson back healthy would be huge.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Probably, but who knows what Brown said. Replays seemed to show the ball hit backboard before Solomon blocked it. Should have been goaltending. But play went on, ISU had the ball at the other end, scored on a put back for 2 points.

When KSU had the ball back, Brown said something to refs and got T'd up. Announcers assumed it was about goaltending call, but who knows what he said. It wasn't right after the missed call.
It was goaltending and he never stopped griping about it from the moment it happened. Bruce confirmed in post game presser that he got the T because he lost his cool over the non-call.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I noticed in that video that Babb did call for that alley oop and Young just ate it up lol. Didn't see that from an earlier clip.

Babb calling for it and Young totally taking it over are both really good things.

Babb looks good getting to the hoop and then seems to forget what to do when he gets there. Some nice ability and I'm looking forward to seeing if more comes from it.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Babb calling for it and Young totally taking it over are both really good things.

Babb looks good getting to the hoop and then seems to forget what to do when he gets there. Some nice ability and I'm looking forward to seeing if more comes from it.

You see some more experienced players sensing when they have their guy beat and then just slowing slightly and keeping them on their hip because they want to be under control for the finish (and they know that their defender isn't going to get back into position). I think Nick just needs the confidence to know that he's a good option to score the ball.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Beating Kansas State actually knocked them out of the top 50. Hopefully they can get some wins because having 5 top 50 wins would look really nice compared to 3

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Probably, but who knows what Brown said. Replays seemed to show the ball hit backboard before Solomon blocked it. Should have been goaltending. But play went on, ISU had the ball at the other end, scored on a put back for 2 points.

I like to think of it as a make up call for that weak ass intentional on Babb.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Beating Kansas State actually knocked them out of the top 50. Hopefully they can get some wins because having 5 top 50 wins would look really nice compared to 3

They have the easiest road to finish of the ISU/TCU/OSU/KSU group. No games against the top 4. Toughest game is at TCU. I'd like to see them knock off OSU at home and TCU on the road.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I like to think of it as a make up call for that weak ass intentional on Babb.
I know they never call it that way, but Babb's intentional was pretty much duplicated in the middle of the floor in the waning seconds of the game when KSU was trying to catch an ISU player to foul. It was completely from behind two hands on the waist with absolutely no chance for the ball. If you have to demonstrate going for the ball in the first 38 minutes of the game you should have to do the same in the last 2 minutes.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
I know they never call it that way, but Babb's intentional was pretty much duplicated in the middle of the floor in the waning seconds of the game when KSU was trying to catch an ISU player to foul. It was completely from behind two hands on the waist with absolutely no chance for the ball. If you have to demonstrate going for the ball in the first 38 minutes of the game you should have to do the same in the last 2 minutes.

I thought it was only intentional if the person getting fouled has a clear, unobstructed path to the basket. I think the one at the end of the game could be done any time and it would still be just a regular foul.

• Agree
Reactions: djkent01

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I imagine it is called that way to prevent rewarding the fouler from stopping an easy lane to basket. Especially when the fouling team isn't in the bonus yet.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
I thought it was only intentional if the person getting fouled has a clear, unobstructed path to the basket. I think the one at the end of the game could be done any time and it would still be just a regular foul.

No, I'm pretty sure that it's an intentional foul when there is no play on the ball, but they rarely call it when it's not either severe or stops a break away.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron