****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by Cydkar, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Messi

Messi Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Male
    Cedar Rapids
    Here's the kids weve offered.
    http://iowastate.247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/Offers

A few on here with coaching changes already. Will be interesting so see who asks out of LOI.

2. allfourcy

allfourcy Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Time to get on this guy? We need a hard to pronounce guy on our roster again. lol
    Guessing Prohm knows if he's worthy or not since he was at his game (against Lake). Don't want to see another Indian Hills kid playing at Baylor if he fills a need for us too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DandyCyclone

DandyCyclone Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Male
    Future CF Mod
    Western Iowa
    1. Is he left handed? We only recruit left-handers now.
    2. Did he qualify for D1 college out of high school? He could join next year if he did, right?

4. allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
    So I see it doesn't list Thornton. (think that's his name) Just wondering because some earlier posters suggested he was worth pursuing.

5. FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy Active Member

Mar 5, 2017
    That's it! The PBP guy said he's from the same place as the TCU foreign big man

6. rholtgraves

rholtgraves Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    I have a good feeling the staff gets Juiston.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Messi

Messi Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Male
    Cedar Rapids
    ISU hasn't offered Raynere Thornton that's why he's not on that list.

8. mb7299

mb7299 Active Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Male
    Teacher
    Iowa Falls
    ugh looking at that list, I hate seeing Teddy Allen on there especially WV. Not sure how he would have fit on our roster but seems like the type of player at that school that will be really good in time. Agreed on the transfer market/hs kids getting out of their LOI's we're in prime position this offseason, playing time available and a school with national recognition. No sense in having to reach for players like we have the last two years (obviously not all have been reaches of course).

9. allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
    Do not know you, nor am I disagreeing.....just wish I had a good feeling about your good feeling. (Dangerous to get too high of hopes in recruiting, that's all.)

10. rholtgraves

rholtgraves Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Playing time plus he is a priority for Prohm. That is huge for a JUCO. They don't often choose a school where there might not be a ton of playing time open.

11. LLCoolJansma

LLCoolJansma Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Male
    Quality
    Minneapolis
    Look at potential targets of Forbes teams in the spring (includes ISU)

"3. IOWA STATE NEEDS A BIG
    Look for Iowa State to add another big man from the 2017 class, whether it is through the junior college ranks or the transfer wire, or to pursue a handful of capable low post bigs in the 2018 crop. Against Purdue on Saturday, the Cyclones received just five points from their frontcourt; that is just not going to do it. They do bring in Cam Lard and Tennessee transfer Ray Kasongo and they've been involved with junior college forward Shakur Juiston and prep school forward Alex Yetna this winter.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/how-opening-weekend-of-march-madness-will-impact-recruiting?utm_content=buffer1e2b6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

When I look at our roster, I see the need for a couple of smaller "bigs", really active, Swiss Army type 6'6" to 6'7" guys who can play anywhere the 3 or 4, and sometimes the 5 if we go small. Like Juiston

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MartinCy

MartinCy Active Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Male
    Cedar Rapids
    #2733 MartinCy, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    If we don't get him, it won't be due to lack of work put in by the staff.

I feel optimistic because A) The staff has certainly invested a lot of time in his recruitment and B) ISU has a lot to sell him as a program with recent success and the roster setup is in a position for him to make an immediate impact

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dingus

Dingus Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    WA
    I don't. I bet he ends up at Seton Hall, or Rutgers, or one of the other East Coast schools he's considering.

15. Messi

Messi Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Male
    Cedar Rapids

16. Stewo

Stewo Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Male
    Commodity buyer
    Iowa
    There's quite a "dark" history for him out there. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in Ames. Even more so when you consider that relationships are most important to him.

17. jcyclonee

jcyclonee Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Minneapolis
    If our board is the first to give him the nicknames "Shakes" or "Shakey", how can he turn down our offer?

18. ArgentCy

ArgentCy Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Male
    Lol, I haven't watched any Indian Hills games this year but I may try to watch some and maybe a Hutchinson game. Looking at the brackets it seems the yocals in Hutch gave themselves a very nice seeding. Every other potential game in the quarters has a team ranked #11 or higher and the best they could face is #13 and a team that hasn't been there in a while if ever. The #17 team in the country was given a 5 seed which is who Hutch would play with the 4 seed but the higher ranked team has to play an extra game. Those people hate Hills so much but it seems the business's had some voice as they play tomorrow but have a decent appearing path.

19. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

UNLV sucks at an epic level, so playing time I guess? We've got that. And prospects for success.

20. ArgentCy

ArgentCy Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Male
    Looks like Hutch plays Wednesday at noon and Hills plays Tuesday at noon. Think you can watch these games free. Actually have a game going right now. Panola vs Shelton State

http://www.njcaatv.com/landing/index

• Useful Useful x 1