***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
If you think Lawsuits and college sports reform are big now, wait till 3-4 P5 teams get dropped by the wayside...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If the Big 12 blows up (I don't think it will happen) and Notre Dame refuses to join, what do you expect the Big 10 to do? My statement is contingent on both of those things happening. If Notre Dame decides to join the Big 10, we'd have no chance unless they wanted to go past 16.
CPR will win. Fred will never leave. UAB cannot beat us. UNI and NDSU are toast. Big 12 will stay at ten.

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
The SEC is ESPN/ABC. The BIG is BTN. The B12 is basically Fox. That is why Fiox should encourage the addition of two more teams for protection of the B12.

But Fox also owns 51% of the BTN. Fox has a vested interest in the Big Ten as well.

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
Popular blog site "Frank the Tank" chimes in again in the conference realignment world. Basically says that OU President Boren's comments the other day are a signal that OU is not happy with the current state of the Big 12.

http://frankthetank.me/2015/06/25/b...-expansion-and-what-it-means-for-the-big-ten/

He also lays out that an addition of Oklahoma and Kansas would be a perfect addition for the Big Ten (also might be the most valuable two-school expansion target in the nation) but they might not be achieveable without also taking OSU and KSU. No mention of ISU or other B12 members.

Last edited:

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
If the Big 12 blows up (I don't think it will happen) and Notre Dame refuses to join, what do you expect the Big 10 to do?

My statement is contingent on both of those things happening. If Notre Dame decides to join the Big 10, we'd have no chance unless they wanted to go past 16.

Unfortunately, ISU does not add anything financially to the B1G. I wish they did and were a candidate if the Big 12 collapses. Iowa already gives the B1G the market. Yes, the academics are nice but the rest of the league is not going to be that charitable and give away revenue the new additions need to add something financially.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
start a new thread if this topic is interest. closed

Status
Not open for further replies.