No Cyclone Weather Warning

Discussion in 'Football' started by cysdude, Oct 12, 2012.

  1. cysdude

    cysdude Member

    Dec 21, 2011
    97
    1
    8
    cow milker
    Just heard this on the news. No Cyclone weather alert in the beginning because of the storms. This won't really happen will it?
     
  2. Acylum

    Acylum Well-Known Member

    Nov 18, 2006
    3,406
    153
    63
    Fed Govt
    Parts Unknown
    Bad omen. Do not like.
     
  3. everyyard

    everyyard Well-Known Member

    Nov 24, 2006
    6,484
    377
    83
    Male
    Oh for ****'s sake
     
  4. shawn_200m

    shawn_200m Active Member

    Apr 10, 2006
    690
    41
    28
    Scientist
    Tipton, IA
    Unreal that the police are asking us not to play our video...there is no chance anyone would think it is real.
     
  5. CycloneYoda

    CycloneYoda Well-Known Member

    Jan 27, 2009
    6,092
    344
    83
    Time for a wether spotter to call something in at that precise moment.
     
  6. Ciclone

    Ciclone Well-Known Member

    May 5, 2008
    3,320
    199
    63
    Clive
    One of these weeks this statement will hold true for me. I run out of the stadium screaming every time I hear it.
     
  7. MNCYWX

    MNCYWX Well-Known Member

    Feb 7, 2010
    1,672
    101
    63
    Male
    Meteorologist
    Med City, MN
    Doesn't surprise me, I've kind of been expecting this to be the case all week.

    I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't play the siren at all during the game.
     
  8. isuno1fan

    isuno1fan Well-Known Member

    Mar 30, 2006
    18,749
    533
    113
    Clive, Iowa
    It was just on Channel 8 news, BUT they said the university indicated a decision would be made at gametime.

    No decision has been made on this yet.
     
  9. FDWxMan

    FDWxMan Well-Known Member

    Jan 31, 2009
    2,634
    99
    48
    Des Moines
    As long as they keep playing "Case IH Redzone! rum rum rumrumrumrummmmmmmmmmmmmmm."

    They can't take away all the fun stuff...
     
  10. Ciclone

    Ciclone Well-Known Member

    May 5, 2008
    3,320
    199
    63
    Clive

    I don't remember. Is there any lightning or thunder in the background of that video? Could be suspect.
     
  11. cysdude

    cysdude Member

    Dec 21, 2011
    97
    1
    8
    cow milker
    That guy that thinks it real...don't be that guy
     
  12. Dryburn

    Dryburn Well-Known Member

    Apr 3, 2006
    9,901
    338
    83
    Somewhere in the U.S.
    Can't they just make an announcement before the video is played?
     
  13. EddieISU

    EddieISU Well-Known Member

    Aug 16, 2008
    1,562
    42
    48
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    I watched channel 8 news and they said the police asked not to use the alert AND they said the athletic department would make an decision on whether to use it closer to kick off.
     
  14. alarson

    alarson Well-Known Member

    Mar 15, 2006
    24,292
    1,134
    113
    Male
    Advertising sales
    Ankeny
    It would be idiotic to not have this. Anyone who dies because they can't distinguish the game day weather warning from a real one is probably a great case for natural selection.

    Email JP!
     
  15. CycloneRulzzz

    CycloneRulzzz Well-Known Member

    Jul 13, 2008
    29,007
    966
    113
    Male
    Nevada, IA
    No cyclone weather warning symbol on the jumbo tron either? I was looking forward to hearing wildcat fans in the warned areas should take immediate cover.
     
  16. Ciclone

    Ciclone Well-Known Member

    May 5, 2008
    3,320
    199
    63
    Clive
    Truer, bolded words have never been spoken.
     
  17. cyclonedave25

    cyclonedave25 Well-Known Member

    Jul 10, 2007
    17,293
    609
    113
    Sports Performance Coach
    Chicago, IL
    How funny would it be if after they played that video and all the KSU fans clear out of the stadium, while the ISU fans just sat there laughing at them.
     
  18. MNCYWX

    MNCYWX Well-Known Member

    Feb 7, 2010
    1,672
    101
    63
    Male
    Meteorologist
    Med City, MN
    BM... I actually love mimicking tractor running!
     
  19. FDWxMan

    FDWxMan Well-Known Member

    Jan 31, 2009
    2,634
    99
    48
    Des Moines
    #19 FDWxMan, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    Yeah, it's definitely pretty much the best part of the gameday experience.

    Plus it was a total lucky charm at the OSU game last year. So I'm not allowed to forget to do it anymore.
     
  20. alarson

    alarson Well-Known Member

    Mar 15, 2006
    24,292
    1,134
    113
    Male
    Advertising sales
    Ankeny
    It'd be one thing if it were the first time we bad ever done the announcement, but by now 98% of the crowd will know its part of pregame and they can educate the other 2%
     

Share This Page