NFL: NFL Network Redzone Channel

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by superdorf, Sep 27, 2009.

1. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

I just signed up for this channel. So far so good. They keep moving between different games, interspersing highlights.

Definitley looks like it could be a good replacement for the Sunday Ticket. Especially since it is only $5.99 per month.

2. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

Oh... and ZERO commercials.

3. Jordanj6502

Jordanj6502 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Student
    Ames
    So, I just watched this for the first time today. This channel is absolutely ridiculous. I was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff going on, and I am someone that watches up to 3 games at a time on TV with picture in picture and on my laptop. I am in love with this channel.

There is never a break in the action, they show any game in the red zone, if there are multiple they show split screen. Otherwise they pick a game that is close, and stick with it, interjecting highlights from other games, as they are available, in-between plays.

4. zwclones51

zwclones51 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    West Des Moines
    Watched it for the first time today as well. Insane. Having 3 games in OT was perfect for this

5. HoopsTournament

HoopsTournament Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Male
    Consulting Actuary
    St. Joseph, MO
    Other than when the Chiefs are on, it is the only way I watch the games on Sunday. And I switch to it during the Chiefs commercials.

6. CLONECONES

CLONECONES Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Real Estate
    RVA
  7. EddieISU

EddieISU Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    I just put on the HD channel mix station 702 (Direct TV) and catch almost all the action.

8. 3TrueFans

3TrueFans Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Ames
    NFL Redzone for $5.99?

9. Clone9

Clone9 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Boston, MA
    It is really the only way I will watch the NFL anymore.

10. ruxCYtable

ruxCYtable Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Male
    IMO, RedZone is the one advantage Dish has over DirecTV, since (at least when I had Dish) it is included in their regular sports pack. DirecTV makes you buy the NFL package to get RedZone, which sucks, but I understand why they do it because no one would get NFL ticket if you could just get RedZone. I bought the cheap Sunday ticket plan this year ($200) which does not include RedZone and I'm regretting it.

11. AnotherMNClone

Jun 30, 2010
    Nebraska :(
    I've had RedZone for about a year now and have never really watched it but with my Vikes coming off a horrible year it's going to be hard to find their games out here in NE.

So I watched RedZone for the first time yesterday as well and WOW the ending of those 3-5 noon games is exactly what the channel was made for!

12. reignofthetiger

Apr 24, 2010
    Male
    Geologist
    Opelika, AL
    I'm actually despise the redzone channel. I like watching the full game, actually seeing momentum shift and turnovers happen, controversial coaching (and referee) decisions... basically everything that is the actual game of football. I just don't get that with the redzone channel. Sure you don't miss any 10 yard touchdown passes or 1 yard td runs, but I enjoy the big hits and unexpected long bombs way more than that anyways. Since I care about more stuff than the number of touchdowns scored by my fantasy team, redzone channel just plain isn't a good football experience for me.

Then again, no commercials is pretty nice...

13. mred

mred Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2006
    SE WI
    You make it sound like RedZone is just a highlight channel. The beauty of RedZone is that most of the action is live. You'll still see dozens of incomplete passes and two-yard runs. You get a lot more football than you normally would watching just a single game because there is very little downtime. I don't play fantasy football and I enjoy football for a lot more than just flashy plays, and I absolutely love RedZone.

14. Gtown25

Gtown25 Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Grinnell, IA
    This channel is awesome. Watch it all the time when I can because my Rams are never on..