NFL Coverage Maps...

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by cyfanatic, Nov 14, 2007.

1. cyfanatic

cyfanatic Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    I have posted this link before but thought that those interested in the ISU-KU coverage map might be interested in this site. This person posts the coverage maps for NFL games sometime midweek...interesting to look at in my opinion...

NFL TV Distribution Maps

2. rworkman83

rworkman83 Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Staff Member Bookie

Aug 9, 2006
    Male
    Sports Information Dir.
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
    I have that site bookmarked...I love it...any idea on a site like that for College games?

3. cyfanatic

cyfanatic Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    I don't know of any...it would be nice to have! If I stumble across one I will post it...

4. ia8manfan

ia8manfan Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Chapel Hill, NC
    #4 ia8manfan, Nov 14, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  5. Clone9

Clone9 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Boston, MA
  6. CycloneSteel

CycloneSteel Member

Apr 13, 2006
    For the 100000000th time -thank God for the Sunday Ticket!! I no longer hate the Bears/Chiefs/Vikings/Packers nearly as much! I never see them anymore! :)

7. wonkadog

wonkadog Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Ames, IA
    Well you wouldn't have to worry this week. Apparently the Dallas-Washington game draws more interest around here than the Bears game. What a joke.

8. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    If the records were flipped, so would the coverage map. Chicago @ Seattle is not an appealing game at all.

As CycloneSteel noted, the Sunday ticket is like gold.

9. wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
    Ames, IA
    I have Sunday Ticket thanks to DirecTv's promotion this year but I still think it's corny to not show the "most local" team available at a certain time slot. If there's 2 "local team" choices then I suppose you compare records, oh well, everyone loves the Cowboys right?? :rolleyes5cz:

10. ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Denver, CO
    Fixed it for ya. :wink:

I understand what you are saying, if I were a Bear fan without Sunday Ticket I would agree. If I were a Cowboy fan without it, I would disagree.

As a fan with the ticket and can see the games either way, I think the map is about right - as they broadcast what game will get the best ratings.

Right now, even though the Bears are local, that's Redskins @ Cowboys. A lot because of records yet the rivalry plays a big part into that too.

I look forward to the day when all of these games are just part of a normal/sports cable service and a person doesn't have to pay out the nose to see his team on Sunday.

11. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    Us Bear fans got spoiled last year and the beginning of this year because of their record. I was fine with the Bears/Oakland game getting bumped for Dallas/NY. I'm slightly annoyed the Dallas/Washington game will be on in 2/3 of Iowa and other 1/3 gets to see Chicago/Seattle. If the Bears can right the ship, I expect them to be on most weeks.

I think I'm getting Sunday ticket next year. Get 3 or 4 buddies to go in on it and it makes it easy to pay for.

12. wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
    Ames, IA
    The NFC East must live in its own little bubble with their "rivalries." It seems like everyone is a rival with everyone else in that division and each one is the "best rivalry in the league."

13. ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Denver, CO
    Well, right you are with quotes around rivalry referring to Dallas and Washington. It hasn't exactly been much of a rivalry since Gibbs showed back up. :)

14. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    The ISU-Kansas game will be seen in Hawaii and Alaska also.