News flash!

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by twojman, Nov 4, 2006.

1. twojman

twojman Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Male
    Being awesome
    Clive
    ISU is a bad football team. We will have an announcement on Monday? I know for sure we will at the end of the season at the latest.

2. What's the percentage of teams that have scored on their last possession of the first half against ISU? 90%?

I'd give up on the game but if anyone can give up this lead it's KU. Of course, if anyone could get blown out by crappy teams it's ISU.

3. uthaman

uthaman Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Des Moines
    I hope Pollard waits until after the season to let Mac go. I do feel Mac has earned the right to be treated with some dignity.

4. GM4ISU

GM4ISU Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Dignity? He isn't dying just the program

5. Clonefan94

Clonefan94 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Graphic Designer
    Schaumburg, IL
    Ugh, the dignified thing to do would be to resign.

6. ISUKyro

ISUKyro Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Agree 100%. If Mac truly cared for ISU he would step down at his post game interview.

7. CyinCo

CyinCo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Engineer
    Clive, IA
    Own up to your responsibility. Step up to the mic and say "I've enjoyed coaching at ISU blah, blah, blah, but the time has come for me to move on etc, etc." I think that would be a great thing for Mac to do.

8. jbhtexas

jbhtexas Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Arlington, TX
    Exactly. If I were a friend of DM, I would strongly urge him to resign his position at ISU, and try to hire on as an assistant in a winning program. What DM is doing just isn't working, from gametime strategies, to game preparation strategies, to motivational skills...the whole gambit. DM's approach might have worked 10 years ago, but it's not really been working for the past few years. He needs to learn what is working in 2006, and perhaps come back to head coaching in a few years.

9. loboclone

loboclone Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Western Sales Manager
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Maybe Mac needs to show us fans and alum some dignity. What has happened today was disgraceful. End the madness now, JP!

10. darts180

darts180 Active Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Mac would have been out of here so fast IF HE WOULD HAVE EVER GOTTEN ANOTHER OFFER.
    I still contend that 2003 happened because he thought that 2000 would get him a better job, because the 9-3 season should have had a positive impact on recruiting. It didn't happen that way, why??? he wasn't thinking that he'd be here.

But the fact is for all that the supporters want to claim that he has built something, why have you NEVER heard his name mentioned prominently for another job???

11. loboclone

loboclone Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Western Sales Manager
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    He got a call concerning the TCU job and that was it. One call and they Hired Gary Patterson at TCU, that was 2000. he then stated " I have a job at ISU and wasn't interested", Right.

I really beleive he might, just might get a position asst job somewhere, maybe?

12. CTAClone

CTAClone Addict

Mar 28, 2006
    First Assistant Director
    Amerika
    Assistant what? Special teams maybe.

13. darts180

darts180 Active Member

Apr 12, 2006
    OK TCU is not in a BCS conference, so how is that a better job???

Plus he was trying to get his contract renewed from Gene Smith at the time. So he used TCU as leverage. Should have known then.

14. jbhtexas

jbhtexas Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Arlington, TX
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words...I wonder how many words a roll of game film is worth??? You ask why DM has never been mentioned prominently for another job...my answer is...game film of ISU football.

Pull up any ISU game film and you will see inadequate fundamentals and questionable coaching decisions in film after film. In coaching, despite what your paper resume says, there is always the film and tape record of your work, and that record speaks volumes about your coaching ability.

15. loboclone

loboclone Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Western Sales Manager
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    OK Darts, TCU is not a BCS school. Granted. However Fort Worth is no Ames and recuriting in Texas isn't all bad. And the checks do Cash at TCU.

BCS or not, he didn't get a smell at TCU. By the way they have a winning record.

16. CloneFan65

CloneFan65 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Math Professor
    Phoenix, AZ
    I know everyone is frustrated, but I sincerely hope Mac wouldn't step down in the middle of the season. He owes it to his players not to quit. Pollard may take matters in his own hands, if not now then at the end of the season, but if Mac quit on his players when they still have 3 games to play I'd lose a lot of respect for him.

17. darts180

darts180 Active Member

Apr 12, 2006
    And don't forget, he placed himself in the conversation. The athletic department at TCU said that he wasn't a candidate. But it was too late, 9-3 euphoria landed Mac the extension.

18. From the AP story:

19. ISU_Alum_2000

ISU_Alum_2000 All-Star

Oct 21, 2006
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Caught Mac on the post-game radio show. Stop me if you've heard this before:

(paraphrasing, and I'll spare everyone the "tremendous"s and "really"s)

"...There's a lot of pride in the program. The fans deserve a better effort than what we gave today. The coaches and the players are going to do their best to come out next week and get a Cyclone victory..."

How does he continue to say that with a straight face?

Absolutely pathetic, and completely unacceptable.

20. AirWalke

AirWalke Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Des Moines
    I've been walking around with a sick feeling to my stomach, but that quote just about sent me to the toilet.

Bye, Dan. Thanks for all that you've done.