New site notes/bugs/etc.

Discussion in 'Site News and Announcements' started by ChrisMWilliams, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alarson

alarson Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Male
    Advertising sales
    Ankeny
    So... currently when i view it, the 'thread starter' is not the thread starter but the most recent poster. The time listed is the time the thread was started, but not when the most recent post was. A little confusing. I think it makes sense to show both the thread starter\start time and the most recent poster \most recent post time (as the prior forum did)

2. mkadl

mkadl Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cornfield
    I don't want to read political threads. I liked not seeing them. I am running for a local office this fall and this is an escape from any of the BS. Is there a filter/customization to eliminate certain forums from being seen? The 13 pages in this thread is too many to look through for an answer. I dont want to start a new thread and get whipped for doing so or for starting a new thread with a title that violates the code set by the thread title police.

3. Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Cheddar Production
    DSM
    @GTO heads up this one. Has a hipster browser. TrollCon is at about a 4 here.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member Bookie

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Hack Blogger
    Bondurant, Iowa
    I'm actually going to work on that today.

There is a Facebook/Twitter integration software that I just need to get installed. I'll let you guys know when it is ready.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member Bookie

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Hack Blogger
    Bondurant, Iowa
    I'm actually going to work on that today.

There is a Facebook/Twitter integration software that I just need to get installed. I'll let you guys know when it is ready.

6. kcclones

kcclones Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Male
    Sales
    Kansas City
    Is there a quick link when in a thread to go back to the recent posts landing page? Clicking the CF logo at the top takes to the main page. Asking about mobile

7. Psyclone

Psyclone Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Male
    Retired Engineer
    Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
    When reading threads, it seems there should be a Back To Threads List button. Maybe I'm just not familiar with the new platform and am missing something, but using the browser's Back button requires the user to then refresh the page to see the updated bold/unbold (unread/read) threads list. Sometimes it takes multiple "backs" to get back to the list. The other alternative is to scroll back to top and select the forum topic list directly from the drill down title (ex: Home > Forums > Site Related > Site and News Announcements).

Love the new platform. I love change.

Edit: It looks like kcclones requested a similar thing while I was composing my post.