New Baylor Stadium Renderings

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by BaylorHistory, Nov 5, 2011.

1. BaylorHistory

BaylorHistory Member

May 30, 2011
    Waco, TX
    [​IMG]I really like it and God knows we need it. Every Cyclone that has been to a game @ Baylor knows how crappy our stadium is right now.

2. JUKEBOX

JUKEBOX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    How is Baylor planning to pay for it?

3. BaylorHistory

BaylorHistory Member

May 30, 2011
    Waco, TX
    Rumor has it that Drayton McLane Jr (just sold the Houston Astros) is going to pay for a lot of it.

4. CycloneWanderer

CycloneWanderer Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Male
    Leadership Development
    Wandering
    Where do you park?

5. CysRage

CysRage Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Probably the same way we are paying for our new football facility, sports complex, and video board with expected TV revenue. Plus, Baylor is a private school...they have plenty of money. Congrats to you guys on the new stadium! Hopefully we build our south endzone addition in the next couple of years too. :yes:

6. Agclone91

Agclone91 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Ames
    How many seats is it projected to have? Seems like an aweful big stadium. If Baylor keeps playing seasons like this year maybe they could sell it out, otherwise seems like there could be an aweful lot of empty seats.

Either way, Congrats to you guys if it pulls through!

7. BaylorHistory

BaylorHistory Member

May 30, 2011
    Waco, TX
    Looks like there is some on the left. Doesn't look like nearly enough though.

8. cyman05

cyman05 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    There are a lot of folks in Texas with a lot of money. Baylor's revenues are surprisingly high for the amount of fan support and number of alumni they graduate every year. That combined with future TV revenue should make a new stadium doable.

The ring thing above the stadium is interesting. I wonder if any other stadiums do that. Is it just for shade?

Wonder what kind of fancy locker rooms and/or weight room facility there will be. I wonder if they'll put 500 TVs all over it like Okla St supposedly did or the Nebraska BB facility did.

9. BaylorHistory

BaylorHistory Member

May 30, 2011
    Waco, TX
    45-50K...our current stadium seat 45K right now.

10. HFCS

HFCS Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Art Director
    LA LA Land
    That looks very similar to some European soccer stadiums I've seen. Both with the canopy style and the open part near a river. One of Madrid's three stadiums has an open end facing a river like that.

Looks really cool, we've had our own stadium upgrade renderings kicking around for nearly a decade now.

11. cyman05

cyman05 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    The 20 foot high B-A-Y-L-O-R letters between the river and stadium might look kind of tacky.

12. BaylorHistory

BaylorHistory Member

May 30, 2011
    Waco, TX
    Shade and it helps keep in more noise

What you can't see is where the camera is located is a brand new football practice facility with a new weightroom.

13. JP4CY

JP4CY Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Sommerset
    Looks almost like a baseball stadium from that view.
    The stairs over the water up to the walkway across the river look interesting.
    Good luck Baylor, looks nice!

14. HandSanitizer

HandSanitizer Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    NA
    Central US
    Supposed to be around $200 million I read somewhere. Its going to be hard keeping up with anyone at this pace.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HFCS

HFCS Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Art Director
    LA LA Land
    It's crazy to me that every stadium in the warmer parts of the country doesn't have a canopy. The design goes back to Roman colosseums. I've been to a few huge soccer stadiums with them and it is very nice to have.

16. BaylorHistory

BaylorHistory Member

May 30, 2011
    Waco, TX
    New TV $$$ will do all of us "smalls" a world of good.

17. SvrWxCy

SvrWxCy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Meteorologist
    Kansas
    I'm not so sure that TV money is going to make a bulk of those payments though, have they said how it would be funded? Is there a lot of private donations or other sort of money coming in, advertisement, naming rights?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr Janny

Mr Janny Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
    Staff Member Bookie

Mar 27, 2006

That was my initial impression, as well.

Looks pretty cool, to me. Huge capacity is one thing, but if you can't get the giant attendance numbers, you might as well give your stadium character. I hope ISU does something interesting with JTS, when the time comes.

19. BaylorHistory

BaylorHistory Member

May 30, 2011
    Waco, TX
    Private donations is what they are saying. They are saying $250M will be the pricetag and that McLane will give at least $100M (some say as high as $200M).

20. RedBlooded

RedBlooded Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Des Moines
    wow, I wish we could have something like that.
    It looks like it could be a stadium that gets pretty loud.