Need advice on selling JO/JW posters

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by KerinKO, Apr 3, 2011.

1. KerinKO

KerinKO Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ames
    I have all 5 of the Johnny Orr/Jim Walden Bartles and Jaymes posters and I want to sell them, but not sure where would be the best place to list them, and also what they are worth. They are framed, not professionally, but framed none the less, and are in good shape. I thought Craigslist would be the easiest, then thought maybe I should put them up for auction on EBay. Does anybody have any advice/suggestions? Thanks.

2. majorcyfan

majorcyfan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Male
    Retired Sales Mgr
    #2 majorcyfan, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
    Actually, there were six Walden/Orr posters produced. Tell me which ones you have and I can tell u which one you are missing from the six posters total.

$100 a pop minimum each, you own a piece of history in each one. Don't underestimate what u have here.

I had framed professionally all six and wouldn't sell mine for anything near $100.

3. JUKEBOX

JUKEBOX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    I'll buy one for 65 credits.

4. everyyard

everyyard Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    $100 each is pretty steep. I get people that want to give them away every once in a while. I think $30-40 a piece is more realistic plus whatever the frame is worth...some frames are worth a hundred to several hundred bucks. Anyway, would someone pay $100...maybe, people do strange stuff but I really don't think that is their value. You could test one on ebay or craigslist and see what it brings. If you are happy with the price then sell the rest. If it goes for a lot less then maybe hang on to them or sell them another time.

5. KerinKO

KerinKO Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ames
    I will look at them tomorrow and list the ones I have. I thought I had them all, guess I was wrong! Thanks for your help.

6. CyFever

CyFever Active Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    What would a good price for some autographed ones be? I have three. Not going to sell, just wondering.

7. balken

balken Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2006
    I think you just did.

8. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Yeah, real hard to beat CF if you're looking to reach your target audience.

9. majorcyfan

majorcyfan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Male
    Retired Sales Mgr
    HERE ARE THE SIX POSTERS THAT WERE MADE. The posters by main theme were:

1. Cooler Coaches

2. Gambler / Dealer

3. Iowa State of Mind

4. Magical Coaches

5. Student Body Sweep

6. Restock Our Stadium

10. Senolcyc

Senolcyc Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010

Craigslist, if you are in central Iowa where the concentration of ISU fans is the most.

11. vmbplayer

vmbplayer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Ankeny
    Does anyone have pictures of these? I've seen the ad where there in front of Laverne but none of the others.

12. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    Wow, I have all 6 of them, and a few of them are signed... I should pull them out of that box in the basement.

13. KerinKO

KerinKO Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ames
    HERE ARE THE SIX POSTERS THAT WERE MADE. The posters by main theme were:

1. Cooler Coaches

2. Gambler / Dealer

3. Iowa State of Mind

4. Magical Coaches

5. Student Body Sweep

6. Restock Our Stadium

The only one I am missing is number 2 -- I know I had it at some point but must have got lost in one of my moves. I think I've decided to try Craigslist. If that doesnt work, I'll try them in a garage sale. And if THAT doesn't work, I guess I'll keep them!

14. cyfan4St8

cyfan4St8 Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Agronomist
    Iowa
    I have a couple of them framed as well that i will never sell. Even though i was not a big walden fan. It is just great isu history that i hold dear. The best thing I have is though is the team poster of the basketball team in 93-94 all signed by the team and coaches. I had it professionally framed and have always found a place to have it hung up in my house.

15. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    I think I have an autographed Paul Shirley Minnesota Timberwolves rookie card at my parent's house. Think I can get any money for that?:skeptical: