Neb QB recruit decommits

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by becrisgreg, Dec 9, 2009.

1. becrisgreg

becrisgreg Active Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Omaha
    Second Gabbert to pull this stunt to Neb.:biglaugh:

ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO | Parkway West's Tyler Gabbert withdraws commitment to Nebraska, looking at Mizzou

Comments from the skers are pretty funny.

A couple that have been failed to be mentioned.
    • Why would anyone want to play for Pelini? Have you seen how he treats his players on the sidelines, not to mention his coaches. A "Woody Hayes" moment is brewing.
    • Their offense is horrible.
    • Doesn't want to get killed. As a QB I wouldn't have much confidence going to a school that has entrusted Barney Cotton with my protection.

2. sodakjoe

sodakjoe Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
    Seeing this would be the highlight of the college football year. PLEASE GOD, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

3. dinger

dinger Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    Dallas, TX
    hadnt we offered this guy? i'm more than happy with barnett but i'm just wondering.

4. ISUonthemove

ISUonthemove Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Sports Photographer
    Altoona
    I'd still take Chase Harper.

5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Nebraska also lost one of their 2 WR commits after the Big 12 championship game because he didn't like the run based offense.

6. Erik4Cy

Erik4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Male
    Home Mortgage
    Urbandale, IA
    Watch Rhoads on the sidelines and how he treats and reacts with his kids. Watch how Pelini treats and reacts to his kids. Enough said. I think Bo looks like he is trying to coach pros in college. No matter how the game evolves you can't forget they're still college kids.

7. ISUAgronomist

ISUAgronomist Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Ag Research
    Close Enough, IA

Offense, what offense? Did anybody see offense from Nebraska that game? If they had one that game would have ended differently.

8. Clonefan32

Clonefan32 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I love the comment from the Husker fan wondering why he would ever do this, seeing as they devleoped Suh into a Heisman hopeful. That is funny stuff.

9. hurdleisu24

hurdleisu24 Well-Known Member
    Bookie

Sep 13, 2008
    New York
    Didn't Suh at one point think about transfering to Oregon St.? If that would have happened could you imagine where Nebraska would be at right now?

10. Clones85'

Clones85' Just Win Baby

Jan 31, 2007
    They aren't losing much. Kid was terribly overrated. Living off his brothers name

11. MrReality

MrReality Member

Sep 5, 2008
    1st of all, the Nebraska players love Pelini. He may get animated on the sidelines, but the players would run thru a brick wall for him.

2nd, Gabbert is even quoted saying he was told by Shawn Watson that Nebraska was going in a different direction.

3rd, Suh said he was going to transfer to Oregon State if Bill Callahan and Kevin Cosgrove weren't fired after the 2007. He probably wasn't the only player on the team thinking that.

4th, losing Curtis Carter hurts (the WR who decommitted). Shawn Watson is on the hot seat big time because of the crappy offense this year, and rightfully so. Will be interesting to see if he sticks around.

12. tyrelrobert

tyrelrobert Active Member

Oct 18, 2006
    West Des Moines,IA
    3rd, Suh said he was going to transfer to Oregon State if Bill Callahan and Kevin Cosgrove weren't fired after the 2007. He probably wasn't the only player on the team thinking that.

I lived in Omaha at the time and I can't remember EVER hearing this..... not calling it BS but would just like to see this article/quote

13. CJDelmonico

CJDelmonico Member

Aug 23, 2009

Actually, Gabbert the lesser was informed by Bo that his services are no longer required as they are looking for a different kind of QB.

Oh, and while you were busy laughing it up because "nobody wants to play for Pelini", NU got TWO, count 'em TWO, 4* commits today from Fort Hays. The best Juco LB in the country and a mammoth offensive tackle previously committed to LSU. That's right, LSU.

14. IcSyU

IcSyU Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Rochester, MN
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. ISUonthemove

ISUonthemove Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Sports Photographer
    Altoona
    You are so awesome. As awesome as nu's offense.

16. CJDelmonico

CJDelmonico Member

Aug 23, 2009

In other words, you got nuthin'.:biglaugh:

17. CJDelmonico

CJDelmonico Member

Aug 23, 2009

..and yet, you Clowns hang on every minute of husker recruiting. I couldn't tell you one name of someone committed to ISU, yet you follow Husker recruiting over here like John and Kate.

Let me know when ISU wins a Big XII North title, m'kay?

18. Palmer

Palmer Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Male
    Education
    Johnston, IA

actually....I am hanging on to 9-7 victory for the next year! :wink:

19. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini

Clowns, good one. Havent heard that before.

We care about the Huskers because we love when they fail. This is our board and we can do as we please. And dont get a big head that we follow your recruiting,we do it for tons of schools, you arent special. If you dont follow others, then good for you, but it helps to know your enemy.

And we will sure as **** let you know personally when we win a Big 12 North title. We will hand deliver it to your door or cram it in your ***. Whichever you prefer.

20. Clonefan32

Clonefan32 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Please, you really think we "hang on every minute of Husker recruiting"? This is a kid that had an offer from us, and we recruited pretty hard. His recruitment opened back up, and it is noteworthy to Iowa State fans because maybe we have an extreme outside shot of landing him. I couldn't tell you the name of one Nebraska recruit either, but I do know that the recruits you have brought in the past few years have been integrated into one of the most sorry *** excuses for an offense I have ever seen.