N.C A&T Cruising in MEAC Tourney

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by cycophagus, Mar 13, 2013.

1. cycophagus

cycophagus Member

Aug 16, 2012
    MN
    N.C. A&T is doing its part to boost Cyclone RPI:

NCAAM Gamecast - North Carolina A&T vs NC Central

N.C. A&T rolled over #2 seec N.C. Central this evening on their way into the MEAC semis, where they will likely face 3 seed Hampton on Friday. Hampton would come in with one less day's rest, since their quarterfinal isn
    t until tomorrow:

http://www.meachoops.com/MEN%202013%20MEAC%20BBT%20Bracket.pdf

If they continue their unlikely run by beating #3 seed Hampton (... and me would like me a Hampton arse whoopin! :twitcy:) then the final could be anybody's game. The reason is that #1 seed Norfolk St. also went down to defeat this afternoon:

Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. Norfolk State Spartans - Recap - March 13, 2013 - ESPN

Go Aggies!!!

2. Farnsworth

Farnsworth Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Des Moines, IA
    If Hampton somehow wins the tourney, and then we have to face them in the big tourney, I'm blaming you for this attempted RPI rep booster.

3. Farnsworth

Farnsworth Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Des Moines, IA
    unless we murder them of course, then we are good.

4. gogagig

gogagig Well-Known Member

May 21, 2008
    I'll take another shot at Hampton. It's the only way to forget the game that shall not be spoken of. If we lose this time, I think I may have to permanently quit watching all sport.

5. cyclones500

cyclones500 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Male
    writer/editor
    Michigan
    The good news is, MEAC qualifier is pretty much assured as one of the 16 seed play-ins. By "pretty much assured" I mean "absolutely."

That would mean the only chance for an Iowa State-H****** rematch would require:
    (1) Iowa State getting into the 8/9 game, and winning it;
    (2) MEAC advancing from "First Four" and then knocking off a 1-seed.

(1) is possible, but probably not realistic (the getting-there part, not the "winning it")
    (2) If this did somehow happen, it ought to be roughly 37 times more notorious than Iowa State losing twice to the same team with a sub-12 seed. (At least I would freaking hope so).

6. isuchicago

isuchicago Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    You'd have to at least shut down this site..for a year minimum.

7. CyForPresident

CyForPresident Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    #7 CyForPresident, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    If NC A&T wins the tournament, their RPI will be 193. It'd be great if they win, but this helps microscopically in the long run. FGCU winning their tournament helped though.

8. CyForPresident

CyForPresident Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Another one to watch would be Southern to win the SWAC. ISU beat them on Nov. 9th and they have the #1 seed in the SWAC tournament. They win two games and they get the auto-bid. It'd put their RPI around 154.