Must you wear a "flannel and jeans" uniform to be a snowboarder?

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by alaskaguy, Feb 15, 2010.

1. st8

st8 Guest

yes, it coincides with the extreme sports d-bag mantra

2. WalkingCY

WalkingCY Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas City
  3. clone2011

clone2011 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2007
    #4 clone2011, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
    As a snowboarder, I think our US Olympic uniform is one of the dumbest looking uniforms ever. They could wear the exact same uniform as the moguls skiers. Wearing jeans on the mountain is a surefire way to get laughed at, and I don't understand why our national team agreed to wear an outfit that looks like jeans.

Black, blue, red, or white pants, with a coat of red, white or blue (w/ accents of the other 2 remaining colors) would be something that doesn't make people do a facepalm. I'm curious to see what they wear for a top in the boardercross, as most don't wear coats in that event.

This was 2006:
    [​IMG]

2010:
    [​IMG]

EDIT: guess they're wearing white long sleeve tops for the boardercross, and it doesn't look completely hideous. The flannel jacket just ruins things. The pants may standout more in HD, but watching it on my computer they look alright.

4. usedcarguy

usedcarguy Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Ames
    If they wear tight cloths, they won't be able to hide their pipe and bag of weed.

5. LeSchmick

LeSchmick Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Student
    Urbandale
    If you're going to make fun of the stoners, make sure you are able to spell correctly.

6. saf

saf Active Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Ames, IA
    I snowboard, but laugh at so many of the outfits. Amazing that 15 year old boys pick this stuff up. Pretty anti-establishment, since most of the kids wear it.

That being said, I really don't care that much. The funny part is that this guy is making such a big deal out of their uniform. He'd fit right in here w/ all our uniform talk...

7. besserheimerphat

besserheimerphat Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Product Engineer
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Do white snow boots look faster than black snow boots?

8. cyclonedave25

cyclonedave25 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Sports Performance Coach
    Chicago, IL
    I'm sitting here watching the mens snowboard cross qualifying and the uniforms actually don't look too bad. In fact the more I see them, the better I like them.
    These uniforms are with the white jacket, so I haven't seen the flannel jacket yet, but the white looks good.

9. sodakjoe

sodakjoe Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
    I liked the Blue ones the moguls skiers were wearing, but it's not as if the athletes chose it. Blame Burton, the designing company. After the stuff is designed, I'm not sure how much choice the athletes really have.

10. Clonefan94

Clonefan94 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Graphic Designer
    Schaumburg, IL
    I loved this,
    Um, you are an Olympic sport now, get over yourself, you are part of the establishment now, not against it. It doesn't get much more establishment than the IOC.:biglaugh: