Mountaineer fans make Jeff Orr look good

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by Jsievers24, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Jsievers24

Jsievers24 Active Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Farm Bureau Agent
    Johnston, IA
    #1 Jsievers24, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  2. Jsievers24

Jsievers24 Active Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Farm Bureau Agent
    Johnston, IA
    Re: Mountaineer fans look Jeff Orr look good

Make instead of look - can't edit it now

3. 3TrueFans

3TrueFans Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Ames

They're definitely not the only school that does something like that. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with it, other than the fact it's got to be embarrassing that your fans are so inept they have to be told how and when to cheer.

4. Clone9

Clone9 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Duke does this as well.

5. Chipper

Chipper Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008

Step 1 in Loss: Go after student section sportsmanship, general campus appearance and regional denigration.

6. kcdc4isu

kcdc4isu Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Male
    retired
    west of dm east of cb
    This does explain why DK was booed from the very start of the game.

7. tyler24

tyler24 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    I said this in another thread, but their fans don't cheer for their team. They just harass the other team. If you watched our game and the KSU vs KU game, it shows what a crowd should be like.

8. Cybyassociation

Cybyassociation Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Stupid little tactics like this don't work anyways...right?

9. drlove

drlove Active Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Male
    to compare this with Jeff Orr is ridiculous. I have a hard time picturing what makes Jeff Orr look good right now.

A lot of schools publish sheets for the student section and I don't see anything wrong with what WVU did here with the possible exception of including Twitter addresses as that really doesn't pertain to the game itself.

10. cyclonefreak

cyclonefreak Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Watching the game on TV last night I told my friend it remind me of an old WWF wresting arena. I was wondering when Bulldog Bob Brown or Hacksaw Jim Duggan were going to make an appearance!

11. isuforlife

isuforlife Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2007
    remember that they drink water that affects your brain

12. wartknight

wartknight Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Sure seemed like their crowd got under our guys' skin. Too many guys trying to do way too much last night. Kane looked like they definitely got to him

13. SpiderClone

SpiderClone Member

Jan 17, 2014
    I hate that article from the Daily. Acts as if we are all high horse about everything, when in fact we have already chanted things like "F McGary" this year... Give me a break.

Just so you know, I have no problem with WV doing what they did, and I didn't have any problem with the F McGary chant. Calling them out on it seems hypocritical and childish. "Wahh wahhh we lost!"

14. Jsievers24

Jsievers24 Active Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Farm Bureau Agent
    Johnston, IA
    The school obviously encourages their crowd to verbally attack college kids. It's no wonder their player followed it up with a punch to Monte's face at the end of the game.

15. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    They pick one player a game to boo during a game. Kane was their target. This is the new way of communistic sportsmanship spreading in this country where all work together as one.

16. JHpsyclonz

JHpsyclonz Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Iowa C*ty
    I try not to generalize people but after watching that game I can't help but compare the WV fan base to "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia"

17. cycloneted

cycloneted Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Des Moines
    This is nonsense. Their fans helped WVU win last night by getting under our skin, which I think is a credit to them (and a knock against our guys).

18. HandSanitizer

HandSanitizer Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    NA
    Central US
    Considering there was only 9k people there it was a joke. Consider me old school, but I am the type of guy that loves that stuff. I love being in a hostile place and shutting them up. Get your head out of the crowd and in the game and shut the students up.

and yes....ISU is just as bad. every student section is like that (except for the ones that just don't care)

Does not mean I agree with it, but it is what it is.

However....I would probably agree there was a lot of moonshine in the crowd.

19. gogagig

gogagig Well-Known Member

May 21, 2008
    I see no problem with targeting one player and booing him. Strategic booing. It was brilliant and it worked.

Now I do have a problem with the personal insults, the racist stuff etc.

20. CloneinWDSM

CloneinWDSM Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Male
    I have no problem with their student section. Wish ours would be that crazy at times. It clearly got into our players head especially on Deandre. Those FT's he shot when they were chanting airball were bad.