Most Annoying Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
There's a good amount of people I know that I like in person but are rather annoying when it comes to social media. Just give 'em the old unfollow treatment and carry on my merry way. Getting off Twitter altogether has also alleviated that.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I don't want you to think I don't want to see pictures of my kids or don't want anyone else to see them Angie lol. I love my boys and they are crazy, but too many pictures gets to be a bit much.

No, not at all!! I know that you meant there are people who don't need to see them constantly. I totally walk the same tightrope!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
You aren't annoying on FB whatsoever! I am a link sharing ***** that sometimes thinks I have to be annoying people but then friends tell me they use my feed as their source of news and laughs every day and to keep doing it.

I love your links! I can't tell you how many times I've learned something from one of them. You're in the know. :smile:

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
1. Game Requests just kill me, although I've gotten good at ignoring them.
2. Great point by one of the earlier posters "If you don't have a friend like this you are that friend."
3. Complaining all the time about everything. I don't have enough money. Life is so rough on me. My job sucks. My boss is mean.
4. Telling me repeatedly how wonderful your spouse, significant other or coworkers are. I get it once in a while when he/she does something unexpected or extreme, but don't tell me repeatedly that you have the best husband in the world because he mowed the lawn, or repeatedly tell me how in love you are for no particular reason. That's as bad as those who are vaguebooking. I think you are trying to convince yourself how happy you are.

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
I also am very happy that my entire baby picture collection is not suspended somewhere in cyberspace for me to stumble on 20 years down the road. I have relatives that will post non-stop pictures and comments about stuff their little kids are doing. I would like to see what happens when their kids are old enough to get on Facebook and check out all the embarrassing pictures and complaints their parents had about them growing up.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Fact. Twitter is where it's at. Where else can you follow, "The Chronicles of Airbag at the Bar on a Tuesday Night"?
Almost unfollowed you during that but then realized that I can't quit you. And I had slow pitch during your rant.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Realized one more annoying type of person. The spamming Facebook salesperson.

I don't near to hear about your advocate, Mary Kay, Tupperware, or whatever the hell else you are trying to sell.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
i have multiple friend's wives that do this. they have all been hidden on FB. if you wanted to have a kid and then never go back to work, don't complain about how stressful being a stay at home mom is.

oh you have to get rid of cable to be able to afford a kid at 24 on one paycheck, that's awful (jerking motion)

I'm sure the husband can relate to that as he pry constantly gets annoyed that his stay at home wife is always there and he can't find any...

MrOtter

Sep 6, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
TIL my friends are better than all of yours.

Actually none of my good friends really post on facebook that much so I just check it every couple days for notifications and beside that I largely avoid all the other people I don't care about. In real life the only kinda annoying friends I have are the cross-fitters and the overly political but I just ignore them when they get going with that stuff and then change the subject.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Realized one more annoying type of person. The spamming Facebook salesperson.

I don't near to hear about your advocate, Mary Kay, Tupperware, or whatever the hell else you are trying to sell.

Oh, yes. And then they create events for "parties" and invite you (which instantly subscribes you to the info), so then you get a billion notifications about whatever it is.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Friend on FB: I love my life, everything is so awesome, such great family and friends

Friend in real life: i can't stop complaining about everything everywhere

I think I know this person and concur.

I have family and this person is ignorant on FB about posting political rants with no credibility behind his view points. It makes him sound very unintelligent. Makes me proud.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
This thread re-affirms my decision to never sign up for facebook. I bet I'm the annoying uncle, who my brother and his wife have to send special e-mails with kids pics too, but I don't care.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Anyone have one?

I have a friend that makes every Facebook post about as dramatic as possible just to ensure she gets a bunch of likes, tweets about how crappy her life is and constantly asking why she's single, and snapchats at least 10 different, random stupid pictures a day.

It's gotten to the point where everyone she knows, including me, are blocking her from social media. And the sad thing is, she's pretty cool in person and not a drama queen, which is why I'd still consider us good friends. She's just annoying as all hell.

Marketing major?

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
One of my friends is a movie buff and loves analyzing movies so she'll do a running analysis while the movies going. I don't really like movies that much so it drives me nuts. If I wanted commentary, I'd turn on the director's or actors' commentary. Also not everything is a freaking symbol for something else and even if it is, I don't care.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. The presidential elections in 10-20 years are going to be AMAZING!! Just think of all the dumb **** that get's posted by this generation on social media and how much of it is going to be brought back to life during those types of campaigns!

Interveiwer: "Mr. So'nso, what did you mean by the tweet on April 20th 2010, "Get'n crunked and rail'n *******"?"
Mr. So'nso: "ummmm...well I was young, but didn't inhale?"

Reactions: Angie

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
There is a few I've deleted due to stupid *** game requests.

Recently I've had 3-4 single low 20 year old girls post about their pregnancy and how happy they are to be single and pregnant. If I simply commen LOL. Does that make me a bad person?
No

AlanStanwyk

Mar 14, 2012
What about the friend that was ugly when you were young but now is hot. She always posts provocative selfies.

never mind, I appreciate her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron