Monte Morris: A huge key to next season, will bring winner's mentality to Ames

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Man-Man
images

Mann
images

The Man
images

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Last edited:

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I think the limit for the team next year will largely depend on how productive Morris can be as a freshman. If he can come in and play at the level that Niang did this year, I would see us making another trip to the tourney.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
It would be great of MM were to become a 2 or 3 & done type player

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Great read, I am really excited about Morris! I was in East Lansing a couple weeks ago for work and had dinner at the house of a Michigan colleague whose husband is s local H.S. basketball coach. He couldn't stop talking about what a steal this was. He said he wished MSU had an open pg scholly for this class so they could have tried to keep him in michigan and said in his opinion the best recruit in the state and a future star he said he would take him any day over Lucious and thinks we will have an immediate upgrade. Granted he is an msu fan so doesn't have the best feelings about Korie and imo undervalued him. As a freshman I would be pleased if he is anywhere close to Korie as a senior.

Last edited:

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012
I am so pumped to see him in a Cyclone uniform. I've been eagerly awaiting Dorsey-Walker and can't wait to see the michigan backcourt (aka Michigan Madness) in full action. Along with Thomas, I really like the young talent that will be here. Next year may be a rebuilding year, but it will be a blast to watch.

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
think our michigan backcourt will have a chip on their collective shoulders when the wolverines come into the house of pain?

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
think our michigan backcourt will have a chip on their collective shoulders when the wolverines come into the house of pain?

Not really, SDW had a Michigan offer, but signed with the good guys instead. I don't think a chip is the right word. Maybe a eagerness to play well against the home state.

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
true but monte was mr.bball and didn't get an offer from either big instate school, chip for monte and eagerness from sdw?

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Ok, we'll call it that. Hopefully they don't get too tight for that game. Sounds like Monte lives for pressure though, so I'm sure he'll be ok.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
there was a story that both derrick walton and monte morris got michigan offers, and derrick said yes first. you can never really prove these stories, but that has been written before.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Cannot wait to watch this kid play! Is it cap city time yet? Is it next season yet?

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Also, how big has Coach Mann been in recruiting Michigan! There will probably be times next year where we have three players from Michigan on the court!

Cyclonefan710

Oct 19, 2012
there was a story that both derrick walton and monte morris got michigan offers, and derrick said yes first. you can never really prove these stories, but that has been written before.

I've seen this written in multiple articles including one article by a Michigan insider.